 Off-Topic / Geek / 5141
Re: Peeron Firefox Extension (beta)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Tue, 17 Oct 2006 01:24:31 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Ross Crawford wrote:
In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Dan Boger wrote:
On Mon, Oct 16, 2006 at 10:28:53PM +0000, Ross Crawford wrote:
1. It doesn't seem to work for all pages, see
http://www.br-eng.info/words/?page_id=29&ins_qry=4884 any idea why
that may be?

Simple - it's only set up to run on certain sites...  I'll add yours to
the list though.

2. Is it possible to put the counter on the status bar instead of over
the page corner? If the page is not scrollable it can obscure text on
the page, and even if it is scrollable, it's a pain to have to scroll
to read something.

I'll look into that - if I can figure out how to do it, sure :)

3. If the link is near the right side of the page, clicking the kitty
extends the page to the right, often introducing a horizontal
scrollbar.  But closing the info window does not reset the page width.
Is it possible to right-align the info window rather than increasing
the page width?

I noticed that - if you could help me figure out the CSS for the
peeron_popup, I'd be happy to update it.  I'm still trying to figure out
all this JS/CSS stuff :)

Well I'm no expert either, but there seem to be right and left CSS properties
that may be able to do it. I haven't really played with CSS much though, Tim G
would be the guy to ask.

ROSCO

Well I was trying to do this and discovered a fairly major bug in the extension.
When trying to edit a post on jlug (phpBB) which contained a set number it found
the set number and promptly blanked the entire text edit box.

Tim