 Off-Topic / Fun / 10141
Re: Geekshelf is going to disappear soon
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Sat, 1 Feb 2003 21:44:32 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Erick Jensen writes:

NO this is horrible.  Have you seen this girl on there, Serena
something-er-other.  She's a hottie.  And she posts some very nice pics, and
I've googled the hell out of it and can't find anything else of her.  Oh and
by nice I mean "How-you-doin" nice.  Geekshelf is the only place she seems
to be.  I guess it was never meant to be.  But seriously guys, check out
that folder, good stuff.  Like sisqo said one million times too many... let
me see that thong-ta-thong-thong-thong!  Ok I'm done now.

e.

IMO, this may be exactly why Geekshelf is folding. I truly regret the loss,
but for my own selfish purposes. I have an account (which I'm disabling in
chunks), and have used it in moderation, and with respect to the TOS. There
is stuff on Geekshelf which appears to have gone through the moderation
process without any attention to content-- babe pix, hentai (sexually
explicit anime), four-letter user names, labels and images... who needs it
there?

I disagree that the loss of Geekshelf is of no concern to Lugneters-- Lego
is not everyone's only pursuit. However, it seems to me that, indeed it was
too much of a good thing, and literally abused to death.

Stuart