 General / 40783
Re: Geekshelf is going to disappear soon
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.publish
Date:
Thu, 30 Jan 2003 13:36:34 GMT

In lugnet.general, Bryan Wong writes:
In lugnet.general, Ka-On Lee writes:
In lugnet.general, Bryan Wong writes:
If people want a free site to host their images, there's
plenty of those out there.

Please show us some of those.  I am sure many will find them useful.

Just to clear things up, I was referring to web hosting places: Geocities,
Angelfire, Tripod, etc.  They have banners & ads, but they're free so you
can't complain.

I can.  One of the greatest things about [Brick,Geek]Shelf is that you can
host *images* which can be linked to, and loaded from, your other sites.
Those free sites are great for small amounts of html and a few images, but
provide nothing close to the space one would like for, say, showing a
multi-day train show (or whatever the geekshelf equivalent would be.)

I'm sure there are free image-hosting sites out there.  Anyone care to list
some good ones?  I agree that many would find them useful.

Ben Roller

FUT .publish