 Off-Topic / Debate / 28060
Re: Keen Observers of Community...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 24 Nov 2006 23:09:58 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Selçuk Göre wrote:
   I read again to better grok what you say here and come up with a question to ask. Do you really show, right at this moment, “least bit of remorse”?

I do feel remorse (and many other emotions) about having started this thread. But that doesn’t mean that I don’t stand 100% behind every word I have written. I leave it to you to decipher when I am being sincere vs. when I am being sarcastic.

   If not, could you please enlighten us which of the following is true:

1. Sentences like “It makes me wonder what kind of horrors they must have suffered during childhood that made them into such damaged adults” generally does not “hurt others”,

This statement was not intended to hurt others, but I can see how it would. I sincerely apologize to anyone who felt hurt by this statement. Furthermore, (and I mean this in the most constructive way possible) if you feel that this statement was directed at you, you might want to seek professional counseling and/or a stronger prescription.

   2. Reading all through a seperate forum in depth (which you don’t like, but not complaining) and post your opinions about its members (who are mostly members of this place, too) in here (that you appearently like as most of us do) is not “purposely going out of your way to hurt others”,

When I was last active in online LEGO forums, JLUG either did not yet exist, or was not on my radar. I visited that site (and others) to see what it was all about. Perhaps it would have been more polite of me to have kept my final conclusion to myself, but I did not go there with any intent beyond “kicking the tires” to see if it might be a forum I would enjoy reading on a regular basis.

And since you seem to frequently post invitations here on LUGNET for people to come visit that forum, you should be flattered, not offended, that I took the time to do so.

   3. We are such lowlifes that we already deserved what you say about us since we don’t know how to behave, not in Lugnet, but in our non-Lugnet daily life which you have somehow a need for being concerned, so there is no need for any remorse and we should ITAMO.

I don’t know how you managed to contort anything I have said into this particular string of words. However, your relentless obsession with certain individuals is completely at odds with the “ITAMO” dismissal of others. And here I thought you guys believed JD was trite!

   4. All these are actually just for fun, since you think that off-topic.debate is a bit fruitless for a while and needs some refreshing,

I did not make this post lightly, nor do I enjoy this kind of confrontation.

   5. This poll is flawed,

You said it, not me.

   6. Your name is Chris,

I know the name “Chris” is a bit unusual around here, but it is at least as plausible a pseudonym as “Selçuk.” In actuality, I am a robotic cat who was endowed with artificial intelligence by my creator. As we speak, I am sending forth an army of nano-cat-bots to claw your furniture and defecate in your LEGO bins. Bow before me and purr, o lowly one!