 Marketplace / Shopping / 12532
Re: S@H on line pick a brick
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 13 Oct 2006 16:42:55 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Gerhard R. Istok wrote:
I wonder how many kids are going to make the mistake of mixing "earth blue" with
"bright blue".  My heart skipped a beat momentarily with the "2x2 outside
corner" bricks, only to be let down... they're DARK BLUE.  It's not as though
TLG has an entire 45 degree roof system (12 different slopes) available in dark
blue.

And why on earth are the 2x6 bricks more expensive than the 2x8??? (25 cents
versus 24 cents)

I was laughing when I saw those green shutters for 12 cents each... I'm sure
most of us are up to our ears in green shutters! :-)

I really wish TLG would come out with an entire system (12 types) of 45 degree
sloped bricks in a particular color besides red or black.

Gary Istok

There are indeed some pricing idiosyncracies.  However, a few of these work to
the advantage of the consumer.  For example, large spruce trees are now cheaper
(10 for $6.40) than the bulk bag (10 for $6.99).  The same is true for train
rails (8 for $12) versus in packages at $12.99.  Other things are vastly more
expensive, like 1x1 plates.  Hopefully, the consumers will sort things out for
themselves.  I believe this is the same pricing used for Factory models, so the
price list will be helpful in determining what makes a model unusually
expensive.

I do like this Pick-A-Brick online service as an aid to those of us who do not
live near Pick-A-Brick locations.

-Jordan