 Marketplace / Shopping / 12520
Re: S@H on line pick a brick
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Wed, 4 Oct 2006 20:19:48 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Raymond Flournoy wrote:
I don't recall seeing this anywhere.  Looks like through factory, you can=
now
buy bricks w/o making a creation.=20

<http://shop.lego.com/department.asp?d=3D18&t=3D7>

  I bet they noticed that a large number of customers were using the
Factory this way, and figured this was more efficient.

  I myself bought a couple of the engineer minifig "model" that someone
had posted, and the tiny 4 part bag came packaged in a cigar-box-sized
box with the customized label on it.  It was amazingly wasteful,
especially considering that it only cost me something like $1.20.  I
bet/hope this pick-a-brick will bring their overhead down.

--Raymond Flournoy

Wasteful indeed.  I bought 20 copies of Tim Goulds dark red wall (about 112 dark
red 1x2 bricks in each).  Each time I also rec'd bunch of factory boxes.  (which
went right into the recycle bin).

Interestingly, I ordered these 10 at a time, and the last 10 came as one poly
bag filled with 1120 dark red 1x2 bricks.  The factory boxes were included and
sent flat.

Jonathan