 Marketplace / Shopping / 12533
Re: Holiday Train now available in USA
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 13 Oct 2006 16:47:23 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Jordan Schwarz wrote:
Surely to the delight of LEGO train fans, the much-anticipated (and rumored)
10173 Holiday Train makes its US debut.

The basic train set retails for $90:
http://shop.lego.com/product.asp?p=10173&cn=54&d=12&t=7

For those needing rails, speed regulator, and a 9V motor, a package is available
for *gasp* $175.  That price makes it one of the more expensive train sets to
appear, but it does have a high piece count.
http://shop.lego.com/product.asp?p=K10173&cn=54&d=12&t=7

And, it's nice of LEGO to offer a set without tracks and speed regulator, to
keep  the price low for those of us with existing layouts.  I'm personally
delighted to see another 9V-compatible train on the market.

-Jordan

Martin Long got me one from Milton Keynes in the UK last week.  The UK price was
£50, which compares very well with the US price - makes a pleasant change.

I love that LEGO are selling it without track, motor, etc.  Never mind IR
control, this is the way to keep the unit cost down!  You can always push it
along the floor.  And there's a lot of very good looking train in that box for
your money.

Jason R