 Local / United States / Texas / San Antonio / 14
Re: Meeting in San Antonio...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.tx.ant, lugnet.loc.us.tx, lugnet.loc.us.tx.hou, lugnet.loc.us.tx.dfw, lugnet.loc.us.tx.aus, lugnet.org.us.texlug
Date:
Tue, 10 Jun 2003 21:55:15 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.tx.ant, Christopher Robin MacDougald wrote:
Meeting Rundown...

Attendance:
Pat
Mark
Chris

Location:
UTSA - San Antonio

Note: Pictures didn't turn out as well as I would have liked.

The room was great!

I arrived around 8:15 and made several car trips to get everything ready.

I started building the track around 9:00.

Then, I proceeded to build a town and really anything I felt like building.

Notice: The makeshift bridge.

A few families stopped by...

And a few crashes happened...

Packing up...

To those that couldn't make it the Red Tubs and sets on the top shelf of the
cart were to be door/competition prizes!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I was a little disappointed by the attendance, however, I will not let that
phase what could be a great thing for TEXLUG... so I would like to volunteer for
next Springs meeting! Please let me know if anyone has any objections! I'll
start planning for March of next year. Also, Pat and I discussed having a San
Antonio chapter of TEXLUG. We will have to look into that. So, if you have any
feedback that would be appreciated.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TTFN,
Chris
Hey Chris,
I'm sorry about the lack of attendance at your meeting.  That seems to be a
problem with a lot of the meeting we have had.  I (personally) have given up on
trying to make the meetings as trying to deal with my work schedule and making
the long drives is more than I can deal with these days.  I was hoping that you
might have stirred up some interest from people in the San Antonio area.  Did
you do any advertising other than lugnet?  Please don't take the lack of
attendance personally!  I think all of us would have liked to attend.  It just
seems that it's hard to find that perfect weekend when we are all free and
available to make it there.
I applaud your enthusiasum and I hope you won't give up in trying to get
something going.  I think your idea of forming a San Antonio group is a good
one.  What better way to try and find other AFOLs in your area.  If there were a
few AFOLs in my town, I'd be trying to form a group here!
Even though I probably won't be able to make it, I am all in favor for you
holding the Spring meeting!  I will mark it on my calendar and leave it as an
option.  I just won't promise anything! (when I do, it never works out)
Thanks for the pictures!  It looked like a nice layout!  I hope to get a chance
to meet you one of these times!
Tom