 Local / United States / Texas / San Antonio / 9
Re: Meeting in San Antonio...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.tx.ant, lugnet.loc.us.tx, lugnet.loc.us.tx.hou, lugnet.loc.us.tx.dfw, lugnet.loc.us.tx.aus, lugnet.org.us.texlug
Date:
Tue, 8 Apr 2003 15:54:53 GMT

I have approval from IEEE (an on campus organization) to have the event.
They will be our on campus sponsors. So expect a small public turn out from
a few engineering students. They are interested in having a little MindStorm
competition and they have the mazes and the line following boards we can use
for the competitions. So, Chris here's your chance to show off your
MindStorms knowledge.

IEEE is just sponsoring the room. I'm hosting the event so I'll be calling
the shots when it comes to the meeting not IEEE.

So, I'm setting the date as of right now of June 7th-8th. This is due to
Tom's recommendations about other brick meetings around the country.

We are sending the room request in today. It is all dependent on this room
request. If we get the room I'm hosting the event and it's open to all IEEE
and TEXLUG members. If for some odd reason I don't get the room I host the
event either at my new house (assuming it's finished by then) or my
apartment and it will be open to just TEXLUG members.

The theme will be anything you want... since I live so close I will bring
more of my collection than before. I'm going to be setting a up a sizable
town layout if all goes to plan (IE: we get the room).

If I get the room I'll send you all hotel information close to UTSA. If not
I'll send you hotel information close to my house/apartment.

Due to recommendations from others I'm going to call this a TEXLUG - San
Antonio (TEXLUG - SA) meeting. If anyone doesn't agree with this please let
me know and I'll change it so everyone is happy.

Please let me know if you could/might attend so I can firm up some details
as far as hotel discounts.

Expect a posting from me by the end of this week letting you all know if we
got the room or not.

TTFN,
Chris