 Local / United Kingdom / 9492
Re: Best Pick a Brick Store?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Fri, 17 Mar 2006 21:15:24 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Chris Orchard wrote:
I tried the Brickish Association, it's http://www.brickish.org/bulktracker but
it gives me an error trying to find each stores' inventory.  I've contacted the
webmaster there.

Thanks Again,
Chris.

What kind of error - this should be accessible to non-members.

You could try deep links like
http://www.brickish.org/bulktracker/default.asp?ShopID=3 for the LEGOLAND
Windsor inventory. During the park opening season last year this had the largest
selection, but we don't know what it will be like this year now the parks are
under different ownership. You can get limited time entry to the park if you
just want to visit the shops, but I think the limit is only 2 hours, or maybe
less. This is the only outlet in the UK that sells by weight (2006 price as yet
unknown), so if you want quantity and are short of time this is by far the best
bet. Many have experimented with optimal packing of the tapered tubs used in the
stores, but it is a time-consuming exercise, and if you dont pack efficiently
you'll get even worse value for money.

In my experience (personally of Milton Keynes, Bluewater, Kingston and reports
from others) most of the UK LEGO store PaB selections are fairly similar, with
the occasional unusual part appearing uniquely at one store. The PaB in the
independent stores is very limited and priced higher. Jenner's in Edinbugh, for
example, was pitiful when I was there in January.

My only warning would be not to get too excited about what you see in an
inventory now, because by September it could have changed radically.

Hope this helps, Chris Dee