 Local / United Kingdom / 9481
Re: Best Pick a Brick Store?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Tue, 31 Jan 2006 01:19:41 GMT

Thanks Tim,
My wife and I are going to Scottland and ending our trip in Edinburgh, after
that I have 1 day of shopping + 1 day to get to the plane.  So we can go to any
store, but not all shops, I guess I'm trying to find out if any particular store
is _THE_ store for PaB, or which store has the largest PaB range.

I assume that each of the PaB stores carry different inventories?

Is the legoland store in Windsor inside legoland, or could the public access it
from outside legoland?  I'd rather spend my time shopping, so if I can get to
Windsor and another store or 2, I'd feel better than looking at the Mocs.  I
know a bit mercenary, but the lego selection here in Oz sucks big time and PaB I
believe will fill out my collection with the things I think i need.

I tried the Brickish Association, it's http://www.brickish.org/bulktracker but
it gives me an error trying to find each stores' inventory.  I've contacted the
webmaster there.

Thanks Again,
Chris.

Hi Chris,

I'm not aware of any super PaB store. The best Lego store in many ways is Busy
Bee in Manchester (where I live) because it has a good selection of old sets but
it has no PaB.

It might help if you can be more specific about what you're after. Retail sets
are probably pointless to buy here and even S@H exclusives might not be worth
it. PaB selections can vary a lot with time so your best bet would be to check
closer to the time or make a list of parts you want to get and post it here.

The Legoland store is inside the park but to be honest, you really should go to
the park if you get a chance. You may also want to try the BulkTracker again as
Brickish has been playing up for a while and has just been fixed in the last
hour.

Tim

PS. Remember that it might be better value to buy some stuff from BrickLink than
from PaB, especially if it comes from the US where prices are much lower.