 Local / Suomi/Finland / * (-20)
Subject:
Lego sale at Stockmann
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.fi
Date:
Thu, 17 Jun 2004 17:52:19 GMT

There is a special Lego sale in Stockmann warehouses in at least Helsinki area.
You get 1 liter of lego for 4,90 euros, and you get to choose the parts you want
yourself! There are mostly special parts available (not too special luckily),
but I spotted a few standard bricks and plates too. Colors are mostly new
colors, like orange, dark-orange, lime, dark-blue, medium blue and sand- colors.

ps. I just picked up 150 pieces of brown 1 x 4 x 5 doors with 4 panes ;-)

-Toni

Re: LEGO vann över Biltema i Norge ang. Coko.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.se, lugnet.loc.dk, lugnet.loc.no, lugnet.loc.fi
Date:
Mon, 27 Oct 2003 19:53:06 GMT

In lugnet.loc.se, Thomas Waadeland wrote:
In lugnet.loc.se, Tobbe Arnesson wrote:

To quote "Starship Troopers" with a twist;

"The only good clone, is a dead clone!"

Probably yes!
But I wouldn't mind if the result was cheaper LEGO. :-)

If you by cheaper mean less expensive and not cheaper, yes!

For those of you who don't know what this is about:
http://www.biltema.no/ still sell it.
Goto "HJEM - Lek/hobby - Byggeklosser".
I have always thought that the Coco stuff looks awful,
especially the minifigs.

I've been somewhat curios and figured I should get one of the smaller sets just
to see how it is but never got around too. Think I'll keep it that way.

Good luck with your SweLUG#5!

Thanks! It was a blast! We broke all previous Swedish records, number of
participants (13, +3 kids), number of brought models (64), you name it - we
broke it!

I have gathered all the 925 photos (492MB - yep another record) from the four
digital cameras that where running during the event, expect about a hundred or
so in a complete write-up within the next week or so (video might take longer).

Regards,
/Tobbe

Re: LEGO vann över Biltema i Norge ang. Coko.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.se, lugnet.loc.dk, lugnet.loc.no, lugnet.loc.fi
Date:
Mon, 27 Oct 2003 18:03:42 GMT

In lugnet.loc.se, Tobbe Arnesson wrote:

To quote "Starship Troopers" with a twist;

"The only good clone, is a dead clone!"

Probably yes!
But I wouldn't mind if the result was cheaper LEGO. :-)

For those of you who don't know what this is about:
http://www.biltema.no/ still sell it.
Goto "HJEM - Lek/hobby - Byggeklosser".
I have always thought that the Coco stuff looks awful,
especially the minifigs.

Good luck with your SweLUG#5!

Thomas

Re: LEGO vann över Biltema i Norge ang. Coko.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.se, lugnet.loc.dk, lugnet.loc.no, lugnet.loc.fi
Date:
Thu, 23 Oct 2003 19:55:40 GMT

One can but wonder if those moulds really were destroyed or if the company
owner
just gave them to his nephew to continue the production. Maybe they already
had
produced so many pieces they felt the need to sell the sets to some less
knowing
company. No wonder Biltema came along. Since Sweden is so far from Denmark
I presume they thought it safe to sell the sets here in Scandinavia. Silly
sods. :)

At the time of the legal actions in China, Biltema was already selling Coko.
IIRC they discontinued that when LEGO pressed charges?

All give praise to the real Brick! ;)

To quote "Starship Troopers" with a twist;

"The only good clone, is a dead clone!"

Hmmm. Perhaps it's time to do a combustion stress test of that clone house I
have at SweLUG#5?

Regards,
/Tobbe

Subject:
Coko Brand (Was: LEGO vann över Biltema...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.se, lugnet.loc.dk, lugnet.loc.no, lugnet.loc.fi, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Thu, 23 Oct 2003 19:41:58 GMT

In lugnet.loc.se, Tobbe Arnesson wrote:
LEGO Company has taken similar legal action against the Biltema divisions in
Denmark, Sweden and Finland. • Eric Hampusgård wrote:

Great! I've seen the "copies", they look awful. The colours bleak and looks
sick and
the individual fit of the pieces seems to be far out. If I tried to lift one
of the models
I am sure it would totally collapse.

No, they won't. I find Coko to be one of the best clone brands. They snap
together very well. There were just two things that made me disppointed.
1. The minifigs are a disaster; no friction at the hips make them fall forward!
2. Their "military green" coclour is as good as black, far from what is
displayed on the boxes. You have to use very strong light to see that it isn't
black.

Tobbe Arnesson wrote:
In December last year LEGO Company won a lawsuit at The Beijing High People's
Court against the Chinese producer of the Coko products. The court stated that
Coko had to hand over the moulds to the court for destruction. The company also
had to publish an official apology in a national newspaper and pay compensation
to LEGO Company. " • Eric Hampusgård wrote:

One can but wonder if those moulds really were destroyed or if the company
owner
just gave them to his nephew to continue the production. Maybe they already
had
produced so many pieces they felt the need to sell the sets to some less
knowing
company. No wonder Biltema came along. Since Sweden is so far from Denmark
I presume they thought it safe to sell the sets here in Scandinavia. Silly
sods. :)

All give praise to the real Brick! ;)

// Anton

Re: LEGO vann över Biltema i Norge ang. Coko.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.se, lugnet.loc.dk, lugnet.loc.no, lugnet.loc.fi
Date:
Thu, 23 Oct 2003 19:10:53 GMT

Tobbe Arnesson wrote:
[...]

Subject:
LEGO vann över Biltema i Norge ang. Coko.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.se, lugnet.loc.dk, lugnet.loc.no, lugnet.loc.fi
Date:
Thu, 23 Oct 2003 12:20:32 GMT

http://www.lego.com/eng/info/press/morepress.asp?RegionalSiteId=11&id=863

"October 1 2003

LEGO Company wins Norwegian lawsuit

LEGO Company has just won a lawsuit against the sales company Biltema at the
Norwegian court Drammen Tingrett. The lawsuit involves Biltema’s sale and
marketing of Coko products – clear imitations of LEGO products. The court’s
decision prohibits Biltema Norway from sale and marketing of these products and
Biltema must pay both compensation as well as the lawsuit costs to LEGO Company.

The court states that both the Coko bricks and the individual Coko building sets
can be mistaken for LEGO bricks and building sets. Furthermore, the court states
that Biltema deliberately has used this possibility of product confusion for
marketing purposes.

Henrik G. Jakobsen from LEGO Company’s Legal Department says: ”We are very
pleased with the court’s decision. It is a very important result for us in our
efforts at opposing imitation products, which can confuse the consumers.”

LEGO Company has taken similar legal action against the Biltema divisions in
Denmark, Sweden and Finland.

In December last year LEGO Company won a lawsuit at The Beijing High People’s
Court against the Chinese producer of the Coko products. The court stated that
Coko had to hand over the moulds to the court for destruction. The company also
had to publish an official apology in a national newspaper and pay compensation
to LEGO Company. "

Mvh,
/Tobbe

Re: Officiell inbjudan till SweLUG #5!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.se, lugnet.loc.no, lugnet.loc.dk, lugnet.loc.fi
Date:
Wed, 17 Sep 2003 14:16:00 GMT

Självklart är våra grannländer välkomna!

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

Hej alla glada!

Så var det äntligen dags för SweLUG #5!

Inbjudan: http://news.lugnet.com/loc/se/traff_031031_inbjudan

Det är med 90% säkerhet klart att vi får låna biosalongen gratis[1] under
allahelgonahelgen. Viss reservation för att lokalen ska få hyresgäster. Skulle
så ske får vi låna en mindre butikslokal i samma hus istället.

Biosalongen är så funtad att man kan gå mellan den och min lägenhet utan att
behöva sätta en fot utomhus. Största nackdelen med lokalen är att golvet är
sluttande/i form av en väldigt utdragen trappa. Men det ska nog funka ändå, för
exempelvis ULV är det en fördel.

Svara på denna tråd om du har frågor om träffen men även om du vill komma eller
vet redan nu att du kommer!

/Tobbe

1. Jag får betala för el och om vi vill ha lokalen uppvärmd under helgen, till
självkostnadspris alltså.

Re: Club of Europe
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.be, lugnet.loc.ch, lugnet.loc.de, lugnet.loc.es, lugnet.loc.pt, lugnet.loc.gr, lugnet.loc.pl, lugnet.loc.fi, lugnet.loc.cs, lugnet.loc.cz, lugnet.loc.ro, lugnet.loc.ru, lugnet.loc.si, lugnet.loc.sk
Date:
Mon, 10 Mar 2003 11:39:40 GMT

In lugnet.loc.be, Matthias Jaenichen writes:

"ludo soete" <ludo.soete@village.uunet.be> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
In lugnet.loc.be, Paul Koelewijn writes: • <SNIP>

Hallo Paul,

Hartelijk dank voor dit voorstel. Wij, dit zijn enkele Vlamingen, zijn ook
van plan om, indien mogelijk, een Club op te richten. Zo, alle hulp van
ervaren personen zoals jullie van De Bouwsteen, is hartelijk welkom. Wij
zouden onze eerste samenkomst bij mij thuis houden op 12 April 2003. Dan
zien we wel wat er eventueel uit de bus komt.

I am not quite sure if everyone here is able to read Dutch?!!!

Hi Matthias,

Sorry for this inconvinience. I should have responded only to the Dutch
(lugnet.loc.nl) instead of all those country's.

Regards,
Ludo

Re: Club of Europe
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.be, lugnet.loc.ch, lugnet.loc.de, lugnet.loc.es, lugnet.loc.pt, lugnet.loc.gr, lugnet.loc.pl, lugnet.loc.fi, lugnet.loc.cs, lugnet.loc.cz, lugnet.loc.ro, lugnet.loc.ru, lugnet.loc.si, lugnet.loc.sk
Date:
Sun, 9 Mar 2003 13:20:40 GMT

Hello everybody,

De Bouwsteen is the Dutch LEGO users group and has currently almost 600
members. Amongst other activities, we organize three club events a year
and we are also actively participating in LEGO world, the biggest LEGO
event of Europe, with in the year 2002 over 37000 visitors in five days.

We would like to get in contact with as much as possible other LEGO user
groups in Europe (or people who are interested in starting up a LEGO
user group) to discuss the possibility of forming an European Federation
of LEGO user groups.

<Knip>

Hallo Paul,

Hartelijk dank voor dit voorstel. Wij, dit zijn enkele Vlamingen, zijn ook
van plan om, indien mogelijk, een Club op te richten. Zo, alle hulp van
ervaren personen zoals jullie van De Bouwsteen, is hartelijk welkom. Wij
zouden onze eerste samenkomst bij mij thuis houden op 12 April 2003. Dan
zien we wel wat er eventueel uit de bus komt.

I am not quite sure if everyone here is able to read Dutch?!!!

Hi Matthias,
..and a babelfisch translation from Dutch to English would not help much..   :-)
Herewith Ludo's story translated:

/start/
Hi Paul,
Thanks for this proposition. We, some Vlamingen (=people from the Dutch
speeking part of Belgium *khm) intend also to start a Club, if possible.
Every bit of help from experienced guys from De Bouwsteen is welcome! Our first
meeting is at my place on 12.04.2003. Result of the meeting?... W'll see.
/end/

Klaas H. Meijaard
Hé Ludo! Veel succes! We zijn benieuwd naar jullie bevindingen!
/transl:/ Good luck!         :-)

Re: Club of Europe
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.be, lugnet.loc.ch, lugnet.loc.de, lugnet.loc.es, lugnet.loc.pt, lugnet.loc.gr, lugnet.loc.pl, lugnet.loc.fi, lugnet.loc.cs, lugnet.loc.cz, lugnet.loc.ro, lugnet.loc.ru, lugnet.loc.si, lugnet.loc.sk
Date:
Fri, 7 Mar 2003 21:06:23 GMT

Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.be, lugnet.loc.ch, lugnet.loc.de, lugnet.loc.es, lugnet.loc.pt, lugnet.loc.gr, lugnet.loc.pl, lugnet.loc.fi, lugnet.loc.cs, lugnet.loc.cz, lugnet.loc.ro, lugnet.loc.ru, lugnet.loc.si, lugnet.loc.sk
Date:
Fri, 7 Mar 2003 17:53:02 GMT

[...]

Groetjes uit West Vlaanderen,
Ludo

Subject:
Club of Europe
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.be, lugnet.loc.ch, lugnet.loc.de, lugnet.loc.es, lugnet.loc.pt, lugnet.loc.gr, lugnet.loc.pl, lugnet.loc.fi, lugnet.loc.cs, lugnet.loc.cz, lugnet.loc.ro, lugnet.loc.ru, lugnet.loc.si, lugnet.loc.sk
Date:
Tue, 4 Mar 2003 08:33:37 GMT

Hello everybody,

De Bouwsteen is the Dutch LEGO users group and has currently almost 600
members. Amongst other activities, we organize three club events a year
and we are also actively participating in LEGO world, the biggest LEGO
event of Europe, with in the year 2002 over 37000 visitors in five days.

We would like to get in contact with as much as possible other LEGO user
groups in Europe (or people who are interested in starting up a LEGO
user group) to discuss the possibility of forming an European Federation
of LEGO user groups.

The purpose of this European Federation of LEGO user groups is to
exchange information about the organization of the different LEGO user
groups, the organization of events, as well small events as big events
like LEGO world, and also to synchronize agenda's to minimize the
overlap of events in different countries.

Another advantage of an European Federation of LEGO users group is that
it will be easier to communicate with LEGO and that white gaps are being
identified.

If you would like to discuss about the possibiliteis of an European
Federation of LEGO user groups, please contact me, Paul Koelewijn.

Hasta LuEGO,

Paul Koelewijn
President 'De Bouwsteen'

FreeLUG : a new LEGO association in FRANCE
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.fr, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.be, lugnet.loc.it, lugnet.loc.eu, lugnet.loc.bg, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.loc.cs, lugnet.loc.dk, lugnet.loc.de, lugnet.loc.gr, lugnet.loc.es, lugnet.loc.ie, lugnet.loc.it, lugnet.loc.lu, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.loc.no, lugnet.loc.at, lugnet.loc.pt, lugnet.loc.ch, lugnet.loc.fi, lugnet.loc.ca.qc
Date:
Wed, 19 Feb 2003 09:41:19 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Bonjour a tous

(english part after fench).

Je me permet d'utiliser le Cross Post pour vous annonce
la creation d'une association regroupant les passionnes
de LEGO en France.

Les statuts ont ete depose la semaine derniere sous
le nom de FreeLUG (French Enthusiast Lego User Group).

Le but de cette association est evidement de parler
LEGO, de se rencontrer, de faciliter les echanges
entre francophones de tous pays.

Pour nous retrouver :
http://www.freelug.org

Un canal de discussion en francais a egalement ete
creer sur IRC. #freelug sur irc.freelug.org
Il est egalement disponible via interface web :
http://www.freelug.info/cgi-bin/cgiirc/irc.cgi

Pour plus de renseignement, n'hesitez pas a me
contacter a l'adresse : contact@freelug.org

En esperant vous lire, voir prochainement.
Gael

===

I' using the X-post to announce the creation of a
LEGO association in France.

FreeLUG stands for French Enthusiast Lego User Group.

The goal of this group is of course to talk about LEGO,
to meet each other, to facilitate exchanges between
french speackers from all over the world. Of course
english speackers are also welcome :)

To find us, please visit :
http://www.freelug.org

A french speaking IRC channel has also been created for
the association: #freelug on irc.freelug.org
It can also be accessed by a web interface:
http://www.freelug.info/cgi-bin/cgiirc/irc.cgi

If you want more information, please contact us at
contact@freelug.org.

Hope to see you soon.

Gael

Subject:
Plans for Billund Summer '03?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.legoland.billund, lugnet.loc.se, lugnet.loc.dk, lugnet.loc.fi, lugnet.loc.dk
Date:
Sun, 12 Jan 2003 20:47:41 GMT

Any plans for Billund summer '03?

Me and my daughter will probably go there.  No date set yet, so we might
coordinate with your plans? An international Lugnet meet there would be cool.

/Tore

Halva min bil lär vara tom så om någon vill åka med, går det bra!

Subject:
LEGO Legend #10041 European prices and shipping
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.eu, lugnet.loc.at, lugnet.loc.be, lugnet.loc.ch, lugnet.loc.de, lugnet.loc.dk, lugnet.loc.es, lugnet.loc.fi, lugnet.loc.fr, lugnet.loc.ie, lugnet.loc.lu, lugnet.loc.pt, lugnet.loc.se, lugnet.loc.it
Date:
Sat, 4 Jan 2003 13:17:06 GMT

Hello all,

The rest of the European prices for LEGO Legend set #10041 (remake of set
#6390 - Main Street) just appeared on Shop at Home: EURO 69.99,
Denmark: DKK 49.95, Sweden: SEK 639.00, Switzerland: CHF 109.90

It also states that the set will ship by 22 Jan 2003, almost a month earlier
than in North America.

With friendly greetings, M. Moolhuysen.

[FUT to loc.eu]

Subject:
LEGO Legend set #10041 to Europe
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.eu, lugnet.loc.at, lugnet.loc.be, lugnet.loc.ch, lugnet.loc.de, lugnet.loc.dk, lugnet.loc.es, lugnet.loc.fi, lugnet.loc.fr, lugnet.loc.ie, lugnet.loc.lu, lugnet.loc.pt, lugnet.loc.se, lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Tue, 31 Dec 2002 22:12:08 GMT

Hello all,

I've spotted the LEGO Legend set #10041 (remake of set #6390 - Main Street)
in the new UK 2003 Shop at Home catalog, price £49,99 (British Pounds). This
confirms the set will be available for European Shop at Home customers also.
We might also be first again, for the European release date the catalog
said: "Not available to ship until end of January 2003"

With friendly greetings, M. Moolhuysen.

[FUT to loc.eu]

Subject:
Invitation to LEGO fest, Sweden, Ludvika. 13th December
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.se, lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.fi, lugnet.loc.dk, lugnet.loc.no
Date:
Fri, 29 Nov 2002 12:07:47 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Hi!

I'm hosting a LEGO fest in Ludvika, Sweden.

When?
Start Friday the 13th of December
End Sunday the 15th of December
If you only can make it one day, aim for Saturday.

Where?
Dalecarlia, Ludvika, Sweden. Smallish town next to Borlänge. 2h drive from
Stockholm.

If you're attending or curios I'll give you a closer description via e-mail.

What?
- Friday 13th models, all categories. Scary, superstitious, or what ever you
want to bring!

- Access to my +30k collection to build with during the event.

- Competition, who can build the ultimate LEGO Vehicle?
Heavily inspired by The Reverend Powell Smith:
http://news.lugnet.com/announce/moc/?n=494
I have the course and the bricks. Rules and info will be given once On Site.

- Open discussion about forming a SELUG/SweLUG or perhaps a joint LUG over
Scandinavia.

- Combustion stress test on some 350 clone bricks. Heavy smoke development and
intense fire, test to be done outside of city :)

- In case of few attendees we'll cook in house, lot's of restaurants in the
proximity though. Two places serve breakfast or it will be supplied in house.

- Shopping trip to neighbour city Borlänge and Barnens Hus (some 30 min with
car), plus a visit to the local toy shop.

- If anyone want's to bring their train/s, please do! I'm eager to see some in
person before deciding to buy.

- Contest; Build a bridge. The bridge will be supported by two objects with a
1000 mm span. The bridge has to hold a tin can (chopped tomatoes, 400 gr) in
the middle. Build it at home and bring the pieces. No brick may be longer then
eight (8) studs and the can must be placed on the center of the bridge. The
bridge with the least amount of pieces wins! No glue :)

- Tower building, we'll build a crazy town with my bricks, the ceiling is the
limit.

- A local AFOL has access to several Robolab boxes he can bring if there's
enough interest.

Know anybody else who might be interested? Invite them too!

Contact:
Tobbe Arnesson
+46 70 831 00 11 (Cellphone)
tnt [at} lotek [dot] nu

Welcome!

Regards,
/Tobbe
http://www.lotek.nu
(remove SPAM when e-mailing)

Re: Europe/Asia and bulk discounts!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.loc.be, lugnet.loc.de, lugnet.loc.it, lugnet.loc.ie, lugnet.loc.fr, lugnet.loc.es, lugnet.loc.se, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.loc.at, lugnet.loc.dk, lugnet.loc.fi
Date:
Tue, 5 Nov 2002 16:00:13 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Jake McKee writes:
All,

Just a quick note to let you know that we have finally been able to pull
together the discount on bulk items for Europe and Asia!

Now when you order bulk brick packs and/or items, you get a discount the
more you buy:

If you buy 5 bags of bulk bricks or plates you get 5% discount
If you buy 10 bags of bulk bricks or plates you get 10% discount
If you buy 15 or more bags of bulk bricks or plates you get 15% discount

As you can see you only get a discount on *bulk bricks and plates*. You can
get this discount in all our LEGO Direct Europe/Asia countries via Web and
phone!

Jake

That's great news! Just in time for the Holiday Season!

Regards,

Wessel

FUT lugnet.loc.nl lugnet.loc.be lugnet.loc.de lugnet.loc.it lugnet.loc.ie
lugnet.loc.fr lugnet.loc.es lugnet.loc.se lugnet.loc.uk lugnet.loc.at
lugnet.loc.dk lugnet.loc.fi (hope I got these right and didn't miss any...)

Subject:
LEGO®WORLD 2002.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.dk, lugnet.loc.ie, lugnet.loc.no, lugnet.loc.fi, lugnet.loc.se, lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Sat, 20 Jul 2002 10:17:52 GMT

LEGO®WORLD 2002,

Maybe you have already heard something about this, but here is the offical
announcement. From October 18 until October 22, The IJsselhallen in Zwolle, The
Netherlands will be once again be devoted to LEGO, as then probbaly Europes
biggest LEGO-event LEGO®WORLD 2002 will be held.

Last year, LEGO®WORLD 2001 was a big succes with over 27.500 visitors.
Unfortunately many people had to be disappointed, as it was to crowded to let
more people in. Therefore this year the event will be even larger then last
year. Not only will the event now last 5 days instead of 4, but more
importantly the floor size will be double as big as last year.

LEGO will show a lot of very nice things this year again and also the dutch
LEGO users group 'De Bouwsteen' (The Buildingbrick) will be present again. Last
year very many people were interested in our own creations. There were so many
people present in our area that it was even hard to walk around there.
Therefore we will have this year a much larger area to show all creations and
it seems to be very interesting what we will display.

What will be there to see:
Of course LEGO is present with a huge amount of nice things to see and of
course there are LEGO building contests. I don't know all the details of what
they will show but last year they had very nice things.
I can tell you more about what 'De Bouwsteen' will show, because I'm one of the
people organising the part of the event which will be filled in by De
Bouwsteen.

Trains.
This year there will be again a huge train layout with many trains and scenery.
The trains will go through mountains and over bridges. One of the bridges will
span a long distance without any kind support. A masterpiece of building
technique.

Miniland.
Connected to the train layout is Steendam. The Miniland city of the members of
De Bouwsteen. We asked all our members to build a city building on a 32x32
baseplate. With about 450 members, this will become one of the biggest LEGO
cities you have ever seen.

Trade and sale
Of course you have the possibility to buy new LEGO sets at the event, but there
will also be a possibility to buy second hand LEGO or try to trade your LEGO
with that of others.

Historical overview:
Whereas in the section of LEGO many of the newest sets will be displayed, De
Bouwsteen has an area where a lot of older LEGO sets will be displayed. Bring
back the memories of your childhood and look at the sets you always wanted to
see in realtiy

Own creations.
What is a LEGO users group without any own creations? Many of our members have
made beautiful models which they will show during LEGO WORLD. Enormous,
detailed buildings and cranes are only a few of the creations that will be
shown.

Demonstrations:
This is the time to find out what you can do with LEGO. Of course we will show
you how to work with Mindstorms. Also you can learn everything about LDraw to
build fantastic models in on the computer. Rather want to work with the real
bricks? Then look at the special techniques demonstrations where you can learn
a lot of tricks to make your models to look nicer.

Diner
On one or more evenings we will organize a diner for LEGO fans in a restaurant
nearby LEGO WORLD 2002. Here we have the opportunity to relax from the event
and talk to eachother about everything connected to LEGO.

Tickets
Tickets will be availble at the Intertoys toy stores in the Netherlands
starting August 26. For foreign people we'll try to find a solution so that
they can also buy there tickets in advance. We didn't find the perfect solution
yet, but we are working on it. For the time being, people interested in tickets
are adviced to contact me via e-mail.

Lodging
A large number of volunteers and exhibitors will stay in holiday park close to
Zwolle. If you are interested in joining us there, please contact me.

The organising comittee of the Bouwsteen consists of:
Sybrand Bonsma, Eric Brok, Erwin van Grinsvin, Jaco v/d Molen, Paul Wolters,
Hans Beuze, Mark v/d Horst, Rick Zonneveld and Peter van Es

Pictures and information:
Information (in Dutch) can be found on:
http://www.legoworld.nl
and
http://www.debouwsteen.com

Pictures of last years event:

On behalf of the Bouwsteen,

Sybrand Bonsma
e-mail: sbonsma@molphys.leidenuniv.nl

This message is posted in multiple newsgroups, follow-up is set to
lugnet.events

Redisplay Messages:  Brief | Compact