 Local / Sverige / 1752
1751  |  1753
Subject:
LEGO vann över Biltema i Norge ang. Coko.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.se, lugnet.loc.dk, lugnet.loc.no, lugnet.loc.fi
Date:
Thu, 23 Oct 2003 12:20:32 GMT

http://www.lego.com/eng/info/press/morepress.asp?RegionalSiteId=11&id=863

"October 1 2003

LEGO Company wins Norwegian lawsuit

LEGO Company has just won a lawsuit against the sales company Biltema at the
Norwegian court Drammen Tingrett. The lawsuit involves Biltema’s sale and
marketing of Coko products – clear imitations of LEGO products. The court’s
decision prohibits Biltema Norway from sale and marketing of these products and
Biltema must pay both compensation as well as the lawsuit costs to LEGO Company.

The court states that both the Coko bricks and the individual Coko building sets
can be mistaken for LEGO bricks and building sets. Furthermore, the court states
that Biltema deliberately has used this possibility of product confusion for
marketing purposes.

Henrik G. Jakobsen from LEGO Company’s Legal Department says: ”We are very
pleased with the court’s decision. It is a very important result for us in our
efforts at opposing imitation products, which can confuse the consumers.”

LEGO Company has taken similar legal action against the Biltema divisions in
Denmark, Sweden and Finland.

In December last year LEGO Company won a lawsuit at The Beijing High People’s
Court against the Chinese producer of the Coko products. The court stated that
Coko had to hand over the moulds to the court for destruction. The company also
had to publish an official apology in a national newspaper and pay compensation
to LEGO Company. "

Mvh,
/Tobbe