 Local / Australia / New South Wales / Sydney / 271
Re: Battle of Tank Stream
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au.nsw.syd
Date:
Tue, 6 Jun 2000 04:53:29 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au.nsw.syd, James Howse writes:
In lugnet.loc.au.nsw.syd, Richard Parsons writes:
Righto guys,
This is so draft that its extremely unworthy, but I'm guessing some joint
work will sort it out post haste.  I won't bother commenting out the bits
that I think are ok, the bits that are bones, and the bits that hardly exist
at all - it seems fairly clear I think.
I have filled in about 70% of what I remember happening to and around Ahab,
and I am well aware that there will be bits I have forgotten, and quite
possibly bits I have repressed.  The plunge of the Saucy Sal still has me
waking in a cold sweat ;-)

I'm sorry about that, it worked out well nethertheless.

Almost too well! I'd hate to think of the resulting explosion if Sal had
landed a couple of inches further on and had taken out the right-hand TL
battery. Or the power station for that matter. Game over in a big way!

I have sketched in a missiony bit, but that's more down to James and PeterC,
and the Vill-Idge people could no doubt be better done, and I look to DavidL
to add some colour and movement there.  I settled on SHAG only because it
was on my mind at the time - I fully expect you guys will do much better.

Battle of Tank Stream
Stardate: umm,  longish in the future (4 June 2000)
<Big snip for bandwidth's sake>

I'll add my flavour bits as soon as I stop laughing. I had fun on the day but
it all seemed a bit of a blur. Seeing in print the edited highlights the
battle becomes really quite funny. I have a feeling that the next battle will
have preincarnations of Bond and Ahab on different sides of the table. (Shogun
Bondsai anyone?).

Me too. I had another look through the pics last night, and they should fit in
well with the story. Still no sign of that <expletive deleted expressing utter
frustration> installation CD, but I have been assured it's on the way. I still
can't believe I didn't get any train or technic/mindstorm shots.

All in all I think I did as much damage to Ahab's force as I did to Boxer's.
The mech incident, the bombots thing, the dropping of a decent sized model
from head height and the whole leading into a death trap situation. Good thing
I didn't get among Pete's base, imagine the havok I could have wreaked!

Exactly! If you'd have got your hands on those turbo laser we might never have
seen the Saucy Sue again!

Pete Callaway