 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 789
Re: Important additions to my last posting!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Mon, 18 Sep 2000 23:36:19 GMT

Hey Frank,

I've been one of the most optimistic ones among all. I didn't like all these
negative tones either, since I was too happy about each and ervery small
step forward that Brad Justus announced. I kept believing that everything
will be amazing one day and I was totally excited about LEGO.new. Finally,
when the new site showed up this weekend, I thought: "Okay, it's not quite
good as expected, but I can live with it. Just look at the cool new things.
An easy to use S@H for many countries (as announced) and the S@H exclusives
for us over here as well." Well, those were the two big advantages that made
me ignoring the confusing new LEGO site (I still wonder how you are
navigating through it), so I simply enjoyed the great new products and
prepared to order them ASAP. When these items were not available, they told
me to check LUGNet instead. What they wanted to say was "We're sorry that we
couldn't help you, but maybe someone on LUGnet can help you getting the
sets" but what I misinterpreted was "If we don't have it, you'd better check
LUGNet, someone over there will find it for you". That's the reason for the
negative tone and I think it has been correct regarding the situation when I
wrote it. What's that for a new service that offers products, but won't
deliver them? Of course I now regret having thought that way, because the
phone call has been simply great! But I am not willing to delete my first
posting, it's still worth being read. From everything I heard today, I can
only tell you to stay optimistic, LEGO is really working hard on everything
and one day they will give us what we asked for. I'm happy that I got my
hopes back (directly by LEGO btw), but right now I can't see too many facts
to be amazed about, just the hope for what is coming soon...

Bye, Christian --- xTI@N.
LUGNet Member #479
The World is full of AFOLs - gech1@t-online.de

I have to excuse if my negative tone annoyed anyone, there are way too many
negative postings in this group, all we need is patience!

"Frank Buiting" <frank.buiting@infopulse.nl> wrote in message

"John Neal" <johnneal@uswest.net> wrote in message

Christian Gemuenden wrote:

Hi all again!!!!

<snip>

Actually, the woman I talked to was called
"Claire Williams" a very friendly and helpful LEGO employee

Hmmm.... Susan's daughter, perhaps;-)

All seriousness aside, thanks for sharing, Christian-- I think that is a • great
example of how things are going to be different from now on IMO.

I agree :-)
I have been reading this group for quite a while and it saddened me that • the
majority of posts have a negative tone. For some strange reason I felt • that
in the eyes of many fans TLC couldn't do anything right. Whenever IMHO a
milestone was reached, the negative posts appeared too. Like TLC has to do
it right in only one shot ...

Don't get me wrong: I also wish the European S@H sold more sets (Starwars
minifig packs!) and I agree that advertising sets you can't deliver is bad
practise. I do understand that for many AFOLs LEGO direct didn't live up • to
their expectations, it's just that I believe that Brad and his crew are
trying their best to achieve the goals they've set and I too believe that
many of Brad's goals are our goals. Sometimes it takes some time to • achieve
these goals (like in this case- the distribution of US sets to Europe,
educating staff etc.) and sometimes TLCs planning doesn't match ours
(gradually increase the amount of sets available, while we (ofcourse) want
all of them right now).

I really
believe that TLC has turned the proverbial corner in terms of its • marketing
strategy, and that the best it yet to come.

I'd say let's give them some time to right the wrongs and see what • happens,
S@H in Europe and via the Internet is only the beginning of their new
marketing strategy and I think they and the community both want that
strategy to succeed.

-Frank