 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 788
Re: Important additions to my last posting!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Mon, 18 Sep 2000 23:14:28 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hi Ben,

the entire story has been pretty easy, so here's a short version that may
hopefully answer all your questions:

I called LEGO S@H early this morning and I was very excited about how it
works. I couldn't wait to place my first order. However, many of the things
that I tried to rder where not available (although shown on the list for
Germany) and that dissapointed me. Of course I knew that the S@H employee
that I called was not responsible that they can't ship these sets, so I
asked her if she could at least tell about a different place to order these
sets. She told me to check LUGNet for support, which was a great idea,
although it didn't help me a lot, since I wanted to replace this annyoing
way to get US only sets by contacting S@H. I hang up the phone and wanted to
share these news with other LEGO fans. That's why I posted the original
messages on LUGNet.com and 1000steine.de . Maybe those postings were a bit
too negative, since I was still dissapointed when I wrote them. However, in
the afternoon I took another look at the price list and found (again) a few
strange facts that confused me. I called up again to ask wheter these prices
are actually correct or not. We were talking about the Mindstorms Cam
(#9731) there, which is listed quite cheap at S@H. First, the lady told me
that the price was wrong and I'd have to pay more for that set than listed
on their site. A few minutes later she called ME back to say that she was
wrong and that the price of #9731 is actually listed correctly on LEGO.com
and she asked me if I would like to add it to my order. I was pretty amazed
that she callep me up because of that and I enjoyed that service. We talked
a little bit about how things are going over there in London (seems to be
S@H headquarters), a little blabla, but very friendly news about her job and
S@H and their problems.

Then, in the evening when I just came back home, I got *another* phone call
from LEGO S@H Europe and one of the managers wanted to talk to me (Claire
Williams). She told me that she has SEEN MY posting on lugnet.com AND on
1000steine.de and that she would like to help me if possible. She wanted to
find out the reasons for my postings. It seems like they are very proud
about their service and they take our reactions very very serious. She
wanted to know excactly what I likedand where I saw the problems. She tried
to convince me that the difficulties that occured are temporary and that
LEGO will be prviding better help soon. She was even worried about the US
only sets that I asked for and she will try to find out if any other place
might be able to ship these sets to me. She wants to call here again
tomorrow in order to let me know the results.

As she was a great help to better understand the problems I had, I told her
to post a kind of "apology" on LUGNet and 1000steine and to let everyone
else know that they care about us. I didn't feel forced to post an apology
at all, I knew I had to do it since it was more than fair after all the
steps they have taken to help me. Well, then I posted my previous message
here (the one that you replied to) and that's it.

Did she say specifically that she called you
because of your postings on the Web?

YES, she said that my postings were the reason to personally contact me and
care about me concerns.

It is possible that the managers/trainers
are actively monitoring the telesales reps phone calls.

I don't know, but since I called multiple times and the other employee
already knew me quite well, it was obviuos for them that I posted these
messages. And since they had my phone number from my order and the fact that
I told them to contact me whenever I want, I guess they simply decided to do
so. I have no idea if they have any monitoring thing, but I assume there
weren't that many phone calls at the very first ordering day.

Ben Gatrelle
(remove the spam dot from the yellowcastle to reply)

I hope that answered all of your questions, if not, just ask back.

Bye, Christian --- xTI@N.
LUGNet Member #479
The World is full of AFOLs - gech1@t-online.de