 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 783
Re: I still can't believe it's true! ()was: S@H Germany, joke of the new century
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Mon, 18 Sep 2000 12:09:28 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Christian Gemuenden writes:
Hi all,

<snip>

LEGO, I've been seriously badly dissapointed by what you offer! Not even is
the new site ugly and difficult to navigate, but the service lacks a lot, the
prices are way too high and you admit that LUGNet is a way better support for
us than LEGO.com. Is there anything positive that you can mention, besides the
fact that the telephone lady was very friendly and amazed about LUGNet??

<snip>

Sorry Brad, but your collegues seem to offer A REALLY BAD SERVICE!!! I really
doubt that this is gonna change in the near future. Now, I finally lost my
hope as well (although I used to be one of the optimistic ones here).

Bye, Christian --- xTI@N.
LUGNet Member #479

I have to admit that I wasn't exactly thrilled when I saw what is available
through S@H over here in the Netherlands (from what I saw it's about the same
as in Germany). The list is twice as short as the US version. It's nice that
we can order in bulk now but I had expected there to be a lot more sets on the
list. Most of the sets that ARE on the list are also available in the toy
shops at the same price or cheaper (eg. the 4560 S@H: NGD 249,- while the 4561
which _includes_ a Speed Regulator is available in toy shops for the same
price!)so why bother ordering through S@H an pay a LOT extra for all the
shipping and stuff? I would advise Lego to get hold of a copy of "E-commerce
for Dummies" or something...

I know that setting up things on such a large scale is difficult and it
usually takes some time to smoothen things out. Nevertheless this is not
something you would expect from a multi-billion corporation. I hope things
will get better in the future.

Wessel