 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 784
783  |  785
Subject:
Important additions to my last posting!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Mon, 18 Sep 2000 17:55:53 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hi all again!!!!

I know I am replying to my own e-mail, but something GREAT happened that
pushed my dissapointment at least a far step away, although I am still
sceptic. Wow, please let me share the latest news, since it's been an
interesting story!

The New LEGO S@H guys (or anyone at LEGO) directly reacted to my posting
here (and on 1000steine.de). They just called me up to explain the whole
situation, they asked me if there is anything that they can do for me and
they were very very friendly! It's been a strange but good feeling that TLC
themselves care about my wishes. Actually, the woman I talked to was called
"Claire Williams" a very friendly and helpful LEGO employee (an important
manager or something) was even more dissapointed than I was. The thing is
that they WANTED to start with a very little new service and a short variety
of products to test everything first. She cares a lot about what's going on,
she even mentioned a LEGO chat and forum on lego.com in a few years and that
they are seriously working on everything. She said that they need our input
and that's the reason why they started a small site in order to grow the way
we want it to. She wanted to know *excactly* what made me that dissapointed
so that they could change it as soon as possible. I replied that it's been
the US-only sets on the German shop list that made me upset, they offer
products but can't deliver them. She knew about this problem as well and
told me to be patient since all the sets should be available soon. Besides
the possibility of waiting for news, she also said that S@H is doing their
best to get the US only sets shipped from the US directly to me. She will
try to order the unavailable sets for me from somewhere else and bring them
to me if any possible. That's been great! She carefully listened to all of
my concerns and promised me that they are working on them. She also said
that she is no "telephone employee" for LEGO, she called herself as LEGO:
"We are LEGO!" (with her words).

Although I am not sure what'll happen next, this has been another large step
by LEGO. They really notice what is going on, they reply directly and they
are doing their best to work on it. Although I was very dissapointed this
morning, now I feel a lot lot better than before, I really have to excuse at
the LEGO S@H team, they are doing excellent things. Please accept my apology
(since I know you are reading as well), of course I can wait a few more
weeks until you are all set and things work better. Probably I really
expected too much - next time when I have a concern I will promptly contact
your phone numbers, they are a very useful hotline, not only for ordering
LEGO products.

Communicating directly with LEGO is coool!!!

Bye, Christian --- xTI@N.
LUGNet Member #479
The World is full of AFOLs - gech1@t-online.de

"Christian Gemuenden" <gech1@t-online.de> wrote in message
Hi all,

the guy that actually contacted LEGO this morning was me, but Paul: Thanks • a
lot for mentioning it here already.

If anyone wants to know what excactly happened, read on. And Brad, I hope • you
read this as well!

Since I am very excited about the new LEGO S@H service, I contacted it • early
this morning, right when they opened the calling lines. I had a large • wish-
list of sets that I wanted to order, but instead of that, LEGO confronted • me
with many many problems. First of all they will only accept few credit • cards
and there is no other way to pay so far. Then, they told me that half of • the
sets I wanted are not even available in Germany - they are US only! So, I • have
to wonder why they are listed on the specially German Shop page? BTW, the
prices on that list were totally wrong as well.  But the best thing is yet • to
come. The lady on the phone told me not to call LEGO if I really wanted • these
exclusive sets. Instead, I'd better check a famouns site called • www.lugnet.com
where I should be able to get some support. Truely, she said something
like "Go to that website, you'll certainly find someone who can help you
better than we can!". SO, I had to wonder why these US only sets are • listed on
the German site and she says that she has no idea what she is actually
selling. The catalogues are not printed yet and besides the short list she • has
no info or pictures. So, AGAIN, she told me to use LUGNet if I wanted to • see
any pictures of their products. "You will find a lot of pictures and • details
there, way better than on lego.com. I allways use LUGNet at my Job, since • we
do not have any pictures of our products here and LUGNet is a great • support
for this job. Actually, you may also use amazon.com or any other web shop,
they'll certainly all be better than the LEGO.com one" . Phew, I fell down • my
chair when I heard that! But, last but not least she excused and said: • "Sorry
for the bad service, but this is still aly new and we haven't finished all • our
plans yet, that's why the set lists and prices are totally wrong" I asked • if
the shipping costs are really that high since those might be mixed up as
well. "Nono, these are correct. Of course they are terribly high and I • know
that other Internet shops even ship out their products for free, but • LEGO.com
has chosen not to offer a that cheap shipping method." [Only the best is • good
enough] Haha!

LEGO, I've been seriously badly dissapointed by what you offer! Not even • is
the new site ugly and difficult to navigate, but the service lacks a lot, • the
prices are way too high and you admit that LUGNet is a way better support • for
us than LEGO.com. Is there anything positive that you can mention, besides • the
fact that the telephone lady was very friendly and amazed about LUGNet??

Now again, I gotta find someone in the US who is willing to send me all • the
S@H exclusives over here. Anyone willing to send a couple of free sets • over
here? 3439, 3723, 5712, 3057, 3058, 3059...

Sorry Brad, but your collegues seem to offer A REALLY BAD SERVICE!!! I • really
doubt that this is gonna change in the near future. Now, I finally lost my
hope as well (although I used to be one of the optimistic ones here).

Bye, Christian --- xTI@N.
LUGNet Member #479
The World is full of AFOLs - gech1@t-online.de

In lugnet.dear-lego, Paul Rutenberg writes:
Hi
One of the german Lego Forum members just tried to order something from • the
new
S@H Germany, what a joke, sorry we don't have that, sorry we don't have
this,sorry that is US only, its not suppose to be in the German catalog, • then
the girl told him to write in Lugnet what he is looking for, somebody can
surely help him there, can you believe that?, sorry but that is not what • i
expect from a big company like Lego, you guys need to get your s... • together.
Yours truly
Paul
PS if you can read german, check out the original letter in the Forum • from
www.1000steine.de