 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 3953
Re: Shop At Home catalog Engine Shed
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 3 Jan 2002 16:08:45 GMT

Jake,
I really enjoyed the train yard shot in the latest Shop at Home catalog. For
some reason, it reminded me of the photos on the cover and inside the 1980
European Lego Train catalog.

(See cover at
http://www.brickshelf.com/scans/catalogs/1980/c80eutr/c80eutr-01.html
and compare with http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=98029 )

This is the catalog that made me fall in love with Lego trains to begin
with. It is great to see the train line expanding the way it is.

One suggestion - how about a track workers figure pack? That could make up
for not shipping mini-figures with the new engines and rolling stock.

Keep up the great work.

Bryan Kinkel

"Jake McKee" <jacob.mckee@america.lego.com> wrote in message
(Please cross-post to .trains. Thanks!)

Greetings! I hope that the New Year finds you all well!

Several people have asked whether the engine shed and crane car models • shown
on page 53 of the January Shop At Home catalog are going to be for sale in
the future.

These models are meant only as inspirational display models. They will not
be product SKUs in the future. However, we are working now to create an
instructional article on http://www.LEGO.com/trains to showcase some of • the
details of the Engine Shed, in order to help you build your very own
version! Stay tuned for details on the timing of this article.

Happy New Year!

Jake

---
Jake McKee