 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 1694
Re: Hey, like, is anyone there? (was: When is Mac support coming for LEGO Mosaic?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Tue, 30 Jan 2001 06:43:37 GMT

I have to say I agree with Todd 100%.  I think its important that LEGO
Direct follow through on what it has promised and maintain an open dialogue
here in these groups.

At the same time, people need to be a lot slower to anger about this.
There's a certain level of misunderstanding that occurs here (I've done it,
and been corrected).  A lot of people are complaining (and some rudely) from
a severely mis- (or un-) informed position.  Remember what happens when you
ass|u|me, and realize we lose 80-90% of our communication online.

LEGO Direct is doing some really cool stuff!  At the same time, I feel that
they do need to live up to their claims.  I understand it takes time to get
stuff running and be in a position to be able to field questions - but not
so much that they couldn't do a post per week or something.  Just a little
(regular) tidbit would go a long way in reassuring people in the AFOL
commuinty that LEGO Direct is concerned with their concerns.  And its not
that we're begging for it, its that LEGO Direct has expressed a strong
desire (maybe promise is too strong a word) to be responsive.

Anyways, that's my two studs' worth.  I was one of the people who marked
this spotlight.  I think its important to pay attention to.  I hope we hear
from a LEGO representative soon on this, and I hope that everyone is
welcoming and polite when that does happen.  Let us AFOLs do our part and
not give them any additional stress :)

Tim Courtney - tim@zacktron.com

In lugnet.lego.direct, Todd Lehman writes:
Hey, is anyone at LEGO Direct gonna step up to the place and field these
Mac questions?  I don't wanna sound rude, but the message below was posted
more than 2 weeks ago...still no reply from anyone at LEGO Direct.

I prolly wouldn't even notice, except that LEGO Direct has proclaimed that
it wishes to open a dialogue with us, the consumers, and has promised that
LEGO is listening and "will endeavor to be very responsive to [our] needs
and desires":

[snipped long post]