 LEGO Company / 3230
Re: Release dates
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Mon, 28 Feb 2005 23:42:41 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Christian Treczoks wrote:
Mark Jordan wrote:
But seriously, I have noticed several comments on the modern weapons in Dino
Attack. I guess in North America Lego has to compete with for shelf space with
Mega Bloks, who are definitely not shy about modern weapons, but it makes me
feel a little sad to see that kind of compromise with how I perceived Lego's
core values. Sure the "enemies" are dinosaurs, but still...

Old Ole Kirk is propably turning around in his grave about these
militaria sets. A stab in the back of every idea of childs play on which
Lego was founded.

My, oh, my. Whenever I think Lego reached the bottom line they dig the
hole deeper.

The arc was pretty clear from castle to pirates to cowboys to adventurers. Not
to mention Star Wars.

If I have snipped out your other examples of where Lego might go next, but I
think if you want to find out where Lego goes next, visit a toy store or
Wal-Mart's toy department and look at the other toys. TLG will do whatever it
takes to keep their shelf space.