 General / 9084
Re: Parts Pack Survey
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 26 Oct 1999 23:23:17 GMT

In lugnet.general, David Blomberg writes:
To all the people who are complaining about the lack of bulk purchases,
how many people have put their money where there mouth is?

How many people in the U.S. have purchased a service pack this past year?

Well for the record I have purchased 50 of the Gray Brick Packs this year
along with about 10 other various service packs including Black Slopes and a
number of Technic packs.

If I could have a say in terms of what I would like to see in service packs I
would like to see the following.

1. Brick Packs in all of the colors available in sets not just the major
ones.  This includes Tan, dkGray, Brown, Pink, Teal, Purple, and Orange.

2. Train Windows and Doors in various colors.

3. Technic Beams in various colors.

4. Plates in every color.

5. Slopes in more colors.

I guess one of the reasons I think that the current line of service packs does
not sell well is that there just is not enough packs that people want.  Why
would someone pay $5.50 for a pack of 62 Red brick when you can still find
purple buckets of 400 Bricks in 5 colors for $6 or Tubs with 1200 bricks in 6
colors for $20.  It just does not make sense.  The Gray Brick Packs are the
the only Brick Packs I would consider because you can't get Gray Bricks in
quantity any other way.  If Gray Bricks came in buckets or if LEGO had a
bucket with Gray, dkGray, Tan, Brown, and Black I would by tons of them.

I personally think there are many ways to solve the problems we all have with
the lack of Bulk orders.  If they had Buckets with colors other than the "Big"
6 I think many of us would be happy.  Others of us would be happy if we could
buy a bucket with Bricks, Plates, and Slopes in more varied colors.  Even more
would be happy if there were Train themed Buckets with train windows and
doors.  Then on the note of Themed Buckets we could have a Star Wars Bucket or
an Adventurers bucket or a Castle Bucket and many of us would be happy.

Now I know TLG is not going to produce 100 differant buckets for us but I
think they could probably offer say 1 bucket per theme or other varied buckets
and keep the number of different buckets below 10 and make alot of us happy.

What we want is what we can't get without buying lots of sets and parting them
out.  I think that there are a number of ways that TLG could satisfy our needs
without having Bulk Ordering.

Eric Kingsley

Remove ".nospam" when replying by E-mail

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/