 General / 9055

Subject:
Parts Pack Survey
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 26 Oct 1999 19:25:13 GMT

Since things are getting a little depressing lately, I thought it might
be fun and interesting to start a survey asking which particular
elements folks would want as a sort of bulk service pack.  Lets rank our
top ten, and assume for argument's sake that the elements would cost
$.25 (.$50 for window frame AND glass), and that a pack would contain
100 of the *same* element, same color.  Colors can be new for a
particular element.  What would you choose? (Use ldraw numbers for
obscure pieces)

Here are mine:

1. black 3x4 low slope
2. dark gray 3x4 low slope
3. 1x2x2 clear wall panel
4. 1x2x2 blue-tint wall panel
5. black 1x4x1.3 half round with side plate (6081)
6. 1x2 white corrugated brick
7. 1x4x3 white train window
8. 1x2 black tile
9. 1x2x3 white train window
10.  black 2x4 super low slope

-John

Re: Parts Pack Survey
[...]

Great idea John !!!!

I'll take
and add
11.  1x1 tile transparent mixed colors
12.  mini-fig chairs black
13.  mini-fig cups clear
14.  mini-fig glasses clear
15.  2x4 black regular slopes
16.  2x4 dar5k gray regular slopes
17.  Just hair both male and female mini-fig size

Jodi :-)

Re: Parts Pack Survey
Since things are getting a little depressing lately, I thought it might
be fun and interesting to start a survey asking which particular
elements folks would want as a sort of bulk service pack.  Lets rank our
top ten, and assume for argument's sake that the elements would cost
$.25 (.$50 for window frame AND glass), and that a pack would contain
100 of the *same* element, same color.  Colors can be new for a
particular element.  What would you choose? (Use ldraw numbers for
obscure pieces)

1. 1x16 technic beams (Black, Yellow, Blue)
2. 12x24x1 baseplates (Black, Yellow, Blue, Dark Gray)
3. 10 High panels and quarter domes (Trans DkBlue, Trans Red, Trans Green)
4. 6 High half-octagon panels and corners (Trans DkBlue, Trans Red, Trans
Green, Black, Blue)
5. Old Technic large wheels from the old auto-chassis (used to be a parts
pack!)
6. Just about anything in Trans Dark Blue/Trans Red/Trans Green
7. Monorail track!
8. 6x16 Plates (Black, Yellow, Blue)
9. Large Bricks (2x10, 1x16, etc.) in  (Black, Yellow, Blue)
10. Garage door elements.

I tend to build large projects, hence the need for large elements  ;)

(Of course, I understand that this will effect the price per piece if they
were ever put into a parts pack.)

Troy

Re: Parts Pack Survey