 General / 54422
Re: Getting your MOC's to shows?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 19 Jan 2008 02:22:18 GMT

In lugnet.events, Dave Sterling wrote:
I'm not sure where this should be posted, so I placed it in events, general, and
storage.  Stacy and I are planning to attend Brickworld and possibly BrickFair • snip

Thanks,
Dave

I am sure that many will find this post to off the wall, but if I ever go to
another event--which of course I plan to--and I if I decided to take all my
equipment with me and a layout, etc. I will never go again without simply
renting a car,van,or uhaul trailer large enough to take care of needs. Uhaul
trailers are really pretty cheap if your car can pull them--and most can without
much problem.  If you shop and get unlimited mileage, you can do a lot of
driving an put all the wear and tear on the rental vehicle.  How often do you
really need a really big vehicle and if you do a cost analysis on it--it does
not really come out much more expensive than driving your own vehicle. And if
you end up going to say Brickworld or BrickFair and there is a LEGO store there,
and you can practically save the whole cost of the car/van on the good deals
that you get.
If you can go in together with someone else--so much the better. Also, although
I have not looked into it, but it might be worthwhile, is to have one of those
private shippers ship it for you--the guys who deliver TV's etc.that understand
that damage is not an option.

And it is much more "green" (and cheaper) to drive a vehicle that gets good gas
mileage for 350 days out of the year and then rent what you need for the other
15.

Just my thoughts.

Hope to  see you at BrickWorld

Tommy Armstrong