 Events / 2334
Subject:
Getting your MOC's to shows?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events, lugnet.general, lugnet.storage
Date:
Thu, 17 Jan 2008 16:46:15 GMT

I'm not sure where this should be posted, so I placed it in events, general, and
storage.  Stacy and I are planning to attend Brickworld and possibly BrickFair
this year.  We would like to exhibit at both, but this year will be our first
time doing any kind of public exposition.  Since we're first-timers, we have a
few questions (and I warn you this could get long) about AFoL events.

First we'll focus on Brickworld since it is closer to us in distance.  We will
be driving (probably a MINI) from the La Crosse, WI area and will be coming down
either Wednesday night or Thursday morning.  Our questions...

1) How do most of you transport your MOC's and layouts to shows?
2) What types of containers do you use...if any?
3) How much stuff do you usually bring?
4) How do you determine what to bring?
5) How much stuff your first time exhibiting?
6) Does anyone collaborate on transport (i.e. multiple groups renting a U-haul)?

Next, we have BrickFair.  This would involve us flying in...which presents a new
challenge.  I'm leery of letting the airlines handle my MOC's, but I don't
really have the vacation available to drive out to VA.  So...

1) If you fly to an event...do you brings MOC's?
2) If so, how do you get them to the show (airline, UPS, etc.)?
3) How much stuff do you usually bring to shows you fly to?
4) If you bring MOC's on the airline...how do you package them?
5) If you ship them, what type of container do you use?

I think this covers most stuff.  We're just trying to get the logistics down for
going to these shows and bringing our MOC's, if possible.  This will be a
new...and fun...experience for us.  Can't wait to meet some/most/all of you this
summer!

Oh, if anyone is passing through the La Crosse area on the way to Brickworld and
has some "transport space for hire"...we'd be interested.  :-)

Thanks,
Dave

Re: Getting your MOC's to shows?