 Events / 2334
  Getting your MOC's to shows?

I'm not sure where this should be posted, so I placed it in events, general, and storage. Stacy and I are planning to attend Brickworld and possibly BrickFair this year. We would like to exhibit at both, but this year will be our first time doing (...) (16 years ago, 17-Jan-08, to lugnet.events, lugnet.general, lugnet.storage)

  Re: Getting your MOC's to shows?

I have driven and flown with MOCs. For driving, I just load them into boxes. I might put a bit of padding around some items, but mostly they just get stacked up. Note - my larger MOCs tend to break down into smaller modules - with the exception of (...) (16 years ago, 17-Jan-08, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Getting your MOC's to shows?

Hi Dave & Stacy, I've been to BrickFest '06 (in my backyard) and I've driven to Brickworld (12 hours in small SUV). I'll start one step ahead of your questions. I go out of my way to create MOCs that are built-to-show. In BF'06 I made a mosaic. It (...) (16 years ago, 17-Jan-08, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Getting your MOC's to shows?

(...) Hi, Dave (& Stacy:-) I've been much too quiet around here, so I'm taking this great opportunity to sound off. I remember being in your shoes not so long ago. Our first show was LaCrosse:-) So I will share with you all I can. But for sure let's (...) (16 years ago, 17-Jan-08, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Getting your MOC's to shows?

(...) Yeah, you have been kinda quiet lately. I was wondering where you disappeared to. :-) Dinner in La Crosse sounds great. Did you guys make it to "The Depot" last year for BBQ? If you like BBQ it's awesome. (...) MINI Cooper. We COULD bring our (...) (16 years ago, 17-Jan-08, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Getting your MOC's to shows?

(...) We always skip that, and hang out together as a group (with the GMLTC usually) (...) I'll get it to you (contact info) via email. The flyer did say that they were restricting new participants, but you never know. It would be best to contact (...) (16 years ago, 17-Jan-08, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Getting your MOC's to shows?

(...) Dave- We've been hauling LEGO around since 1995, first for contests, then commissions, and later for small events around town. In 2001 we started doing LTC shows and in 2004 we started attending BFs. Initially we carried fully assembled MOCs (...) (16 years ago, 17-Jan-08, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Getting your MOC's to shows?

let me tell you about Brick Show 2008. You can bring you MOCs, you can build MOCs at the show, or just jump in on the mass builds. www,brickmuseum.net dan Never tried to fly with MOCs, usually we bring glued models so packing is very easy...but we (...) (16 years ago, 19-Jan-08, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Getting your MOC's to shows?

(...) snip (...) I am sure that many will find this post to off the wall, but if I ever go to another event--which of course I plan to--and I if I decided to take all my equipment with me and a layout, etc. I will never go again without simply (...) (16 years ago, 19-Jan-08, to lugnet.general)