 General / 51265
Re: Bricklink frustration
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 14 Jul 2005 21:18:22 GMT

In lugnet.general, David Shifflett wrote:
Perhaps the sellers would even be allowed to charge
  a $1/1Euro handling fee for this service.

snip
X has to verify the orders from Y and Z (this is why X gets a handling fee)
then X can ship to A.

This puts minimal strain on Bricklink,
and a little extra on sellers, and a little extra on buyers.

You want X to verify orders from Y, Z, Y', Z', et al for a $1 handling fee ?
What exactly do you mean by 'verify' ? Are you expecting X to open all the bags
and recount the parts to see if the proper quantites are present ? For a $1
handling fee ?

What happens if X finds a discrepency ? Y says they sent the proper quantity,
but X says they are not there. Who does A believe ?

If you are not expecting X to count the parts (and I hope not) then what happens
when A gets the (consolidated) order and finds a shortage ? If the same part
came from multiple sellers, then who does the finger get pointed at ? Likewise,
if the parts are used and one seller supplies substandard quality parts (ABC or
otherwise) how do you sort out the responsibility ?

As someone said yesterday...  "There may be a lot of devils in the details".

If you really believe that a $1 handling fee would cover these kind of hassles,
I doubt that I would touch it with a 10-foot pole. Just one sellers opinion tho.

Ray