 General / 51263
Re: Bricklink frustration
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 14 Jul 2005 19:53:51 GMT

In lugnet.general, Benjamin Ellermann wrote:
There is another solution that could help you.  A system connected buyers who
will order your item from the seller in their home country and then ship to you.
Id like this because many sellers in foreign countries want cash, bank
transfers, etc in their currency.  This does not help me corner a BL part (a new
hobby of mine for one piece) if I cant pay the seller.  But if I had a friend in
the Netherlands, or whereever, they could order for me.  Then I could send
exclusive sets/pieces that they needed back to them.

Ben

Here is a solution that doesn't put any strain on Bricklink.
1. Bricklink adds a field for sellers who will amalgamate/consolidate
  their items with parts from other sellers, before shipping an order
  to a customer.  Perhaps the sellers would even be allowed to charge
  a $1/1Euro handling fee for this service.

Now a customer A buys from seller X (a consolidator) and informs X
that more orders will be shipped to X from other sellers.
A buys from sellers Y and Z and has them ship to X
(maybe Bricklink could help facilitate this by providing addresses)
After X has received all the orders (A would have to tell X how many orders)
X has to verify the orders from Y and Z (this is why X gets a handling fee)
then X can ship to A.

This puts minimal strain on Bricklink,
and a little extra on sellers, and a little extra on buyers.

dave