 General / 51253
Re: Bricklink frustration
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Wed, 13 Jul 2005 16:08:24 GMT

In lugnet.general, Joe Strout wrote:
There may be a lot of devils in the details, but it's certainly an interesting
idea.

and that is the understatement of the century. Transport costs are already a
goodly portion of the gross order billing. One year I calculated that 28% of
remittances were for shipping/transport. Parts (unless the part is
rare/desirable/low supply) are a low margin business unless you deal in huge
quantities. Putting anything else in the mix (and expecting the seller to absorb
the costs) is not going to fly.

Keep in mind that transport costs are about to go up. The US Postal Rate
Commission is currently reviewing a request for a rate increase. This should be
effective late '05 or early '06. I suspect that similar rate increases are being
examined in other countries. This is most likely attributable to the steep jump
in fuel costs as of late.

My suggestion (to the original poster) would be to contact the seller directly,
explain the situation and see if they can come to some amicable middle-ground.
No gurantees, but it might be possible. BTW, did this whole thing start over a
$10 minimum ?

Ray

xpost and fut to lugnet.market.theory