 General / 48140
Re: Announcing new comprehensive book on Lego on CD.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Sat, 19 Jun 2004 08:39:57 GMT

In lugnet.announce, Gerhard R. Istok wrote:
OK folks,
Here it goes.....

I have spent the last 11 months writing a new book on Lego.  It will be released
not as an actual book, but as a CD (IBM and MAC compatible!!!)  It is about 80%
done, and so far has 105,000 words on 300 pages.  There will be thumbnail
pictures on most pages.  Many items will be seen for the first time by most
AFOL's.  And I will be talking about many very very rare items.

(snip)

   Wow, Gary.  Just wow wowowowowow.  I've been wondering
   "Where's Gary been?"  and now I know.  What a wonderful
   piece of news!  I'm very, very interested.  Are you going
   to .pdf the text, so that the interminable bibliophiles
   among us can print it out for consultation?  ;)

   What a treat to hear this news.  If your "History of LEGO"
   posts are an indication, this will be a good read indeed.

   all best

   LFB