 General / 47217
Re: Color Change - color names
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 9 Apr 2004 00:12:53 GMT

"Kelly McKiernan" <kelly@anagrafyxx.com> wrote in message news:Hx9zyp.13J@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.lego, David Laswell wrote:

Why stop there?  Call it Nazi Death-Slaver Grey and you get the whole
spectrum.

OK, now that's just over the line. Assigning a color as "Nazi" is bad enough,
but adding "Death Slaver" to it pushes it over. Don't like the color change?
Fine. But I personally take exception when someone associates a relatively minor
change in LEGO materials to WWII Nazi slavery. It's simply not appropriate when
discussing a [toy], especially one with a massive market share in Germany as
well as the rest of Europe.

Kelly

Isn't it even worse when certain Nazis take a few newsgroup posts a little too seriously? ;)  It's not like someone's really going
to connect LEGO with Nazis.

--
Markham Carroll

Re: Color Change - SLOPES WANTED