 LEGO Company / 1672
1671  |  1673
Subject:
Color Change - color names - a more serious note
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Sun, 9 May 2004 12:12:28 GMT

In lugnet.lego, David Gregory wrote:
In lugnet.general, Kevin Salm wrote:

PS.  I don't care what the offical names for the new colors are, I will
always refer to them as Nazi Grays and Muddy Brown.  Those names are
suitably evil for colors that truly deserve them.  If TLC wants to be known
as the company the produces toys in Nazi Gray colors, so be it!
¬
Awesome naming method!  I had just gotten used to calling old/classic Grays &
Browns "True Gray" & "True Brown," and the new grays and browns "false gray"
and "false brown."  I like your nomenclature better though.  I think I'll
start using it.¬ ¬ We could also call the new dark gray "Confederate gray"
and thus equate it with the evilness of slavery.

   I have been having a bit of trouble with the Bricklink
   convention, that is the use of "bluish grey" (less with
   "reddish brown" however).  It seems to me like a better
   solution would be to call them *cold* greys--which they
   really do seem to me to be, as a former and occasional
   graphic designer.  Yes, the blue is there, but the big
   difference is really in warmth apparent.

   So yeah, I'm all for just "cold grey."  It's accurate, it's
   succinct, and if you're into character assassination of the
   new bricks, it's COLD, man, just cold.

   Everybody's happy!  (or at least less unhappy.)

   best

   LFB