 LEGO Company / 1666
Re: Darned color issue won't leave my small mind alone...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Sun, 9 May 2004 05:23:06 GMT

-Snip!-

PS. I don’t care what the offical names for the new colors are, I will always refer to them as Nazi Grays and Muddy Brown. Those names are suitably evil for colors that truly deserve them. If TLC wants to be known as the company the produces toys in Nazi Gray colors, so be it!

.

I wonder what the Crayola company would have said about this. I think that the proper terms are definitely not the same as the old, but as you have said have new names.

It’s as though we are being “Enron-ed” by LEGO into accepting that the same colors are still available. I think that’s where the majority of my gripe comes from. Blue-Light Grey, Blue-Dark Grey and Red-Brown simply are not the same colors as those they replace. No box of 64 Crayola’s would suggest it be so, no art student/teacher would accept it, and no child will say they are the same. Only LEGO (the Company Entity) says that This is That. If you watch the TV series “Angel”, LEGO is pulling a Goddess Jasmine on us.

For the record, I am not intending to rant. I am not complaining about the availablity of colors. The only complaint I have is how they are being sold as “the same”.

Other than that, sheesh, this topic just won’t go away. No matter how hard I try to avoid it.

Sorry for the blah-blah. -Aaron-