 General / 47217
Re: Color Change - SLOPES WANTED
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.lego
Date:
Wed, 5 May 2004 18:38:11 GMT

The solid news is appreciated. Personally, I still don’t believe that the Lugnet community knows the true reasons for the color change. Also, I don’t think we have heard of the “good” effects these changes were supposed to produce.

I have been buying Lego for over 25 years. Throughout those 25 years I have remained hopefull year after year that parts I was looking for in certain colors would be produced. Sometimes that happened, sometimes not. Now with the color changes, all hope has been lost. Sadly, many of the parts I had wanted for years had recently become available in the right colors. But, then, like a bad dream, the colors were changed thus turning those desired parts into junk!

I DO remain optimistic that, given enough time to see the bad sales effect of these new colors, the color changes will be reversed. I predict that sometime in the year 2006 Jake will be coming here to tell us that the traditional colors are coming back and the new colors have been discarded. Remember, the Lego Company takes a long time to make decisions sometimes.

I have tried to use the new Nazi grays and muddy chocolate brown colors for making my creations and I still find those colors unacceptable.

Now, as for parts I consider essential in the old colors, everyone has forgotten to mention the parts I use the most:

SLOPES

S L O P E S

SLOPES

For years and years I wanted to build brown roofs for buildings. Just as soon as I got a good supply of Brown slopes, Lego ruined the color. And the same for Light and Dark Gray. Dark Gray roofs slopes roofs are awesome! But NOT roofs built the the new Nazi Gray! BLECH!!!

If I could request some bulk items in the traditional colors, it would be comprehensive roof slopes in 45 degree and 75 degree assortments. These comprehensive packs should contain the whole complimentary spectrum of useful slopes including inside and outside corners and apex pieces.

Just this week I took delivery of a BrickLink order worth $400 that was one hundred percent slopes. And 60 percent of that was Dark Gray. (Thanks, Troy). I have spent countless hundreds of dollars buying slopes, but I hope I never have to buy any in the new Nazi Grays and Muddy Brown colors.

Sincerely

Kevin Salm
LUCNY

PS. I don’t care what the offical names for the new colors are, I will always refer to them as Nazi Grays and Muddy Brown. Those names are suitably evil for colors that truly deserve them. If TLC wants to be known as the company the produces toys in Nazi Gray colors, so be it!

.