 General / 47216
Re: Color Change - Final Update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.lego
Date:
Wed, 5 May 2004 16:53:25 GMT

"Frank Filz" <ffilz-lists@mindspring.com> wrote in message
news:Hx922u.IIp@lugnet.com...

[ ... snipped ... ]

Actually, to be honest, right now I'm more bugged by the flesh tone • minifigs
than the other color changes. I do tend to buy one of each new set in the
themes I'm interested in, but I see myself buying far fewer of the Harry
Potter and Spiderman sets than I would have in the past. I know I'm never
going to have the diversity of minifig heads in flesh tones that I will • have
in yellow, so I just can't imagine using the "Caucasian" heads (the brown
ones I at least feel like I can use even though they will mean a dramatic
minority). What's even more bothersome is that some torsos have flesh tone
printing, which means they will look funny if I swap out the hands and • head
for yellow.

[ ... snipped ... ]

We had a similar conversation at the NCLTC GATS show a couple of weeks ago.
I don't care for the flesh colored minifigs either.  They look "odd" after
seeing yellow LEGO people for all of these years.

The thing that concerns me the most about the flesh colored minifigs is the
bigger chance that someone will build something without intending to offend
someone yet someone will be offended.  We never had that issue when all of
the figs were the same color.  Maybe I'm a bit old fashioned but I like all
my LEGO people as classic smileys.

Mike

Mike Walsh - mike_walsh at mindspring.com