 General / 47217
  Re: Color Change - color names

"Kelly McKiernan" <kelly@anagrafyxx.com> wrote in message news:Hx9zyp.13J@lugnet.com... (...) Isn't it even worse when certain Nazis take a few newsgroup posts a little too seriously? ;) It's not like someone's really going to connect LEGO with (...) (20 years ago, 9-Apr-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Color Change - SLOPES WANTED

The solid news is appreciated. Personally, I still don't believe that the Lugnet community knows the true reasons for the color change. Also, I don't think we have heard of the "good" effects these changes were supposed to produce. I have been (...) (20 years ago, 5-May-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego, FTX)

  Re: Color Change - SLOPES WANTED

(...) Good catch! I agree, a well rounded pack including concave and convex corners and caps, in each of the popular slope factors (33, 45, 75), and another one with the basic slopes themselves, would be well received. (20 years ago, 5-May-04, to lugnet.lego, FTX)

  Re: Color Change - color names

(...) Awesome naming method! I had just gotten used to calling old/classic Grays & Browns "True Gray" & "True Brown," and the new grays and browns "false gray" and "false brown." I like your nomenclature better though. I think I'll start using it. (...) (20 years ago, 6-May-04, to lugnet.lego, FTX)

  Re: Color Change - color names

(...) Why stop there? Call it Nazi Death-Slaver Grey and you get the whole spectrum. (20 years ago, 6-May-04, to lugnet.lego, FTX)

  Re: Color Change - color names

(...) OK, now that's just over the line. Assigning a color as "Nazi" is bad enough, but adding "Death Slaver" to it pushes it over. Don't like the color change? Fine. But I personally take exception when someone associates a relatively minor change (...) (20 years ago, 6-May-04, to lugnet.lego, FTX)

  Re: Color Change - color names

(...) FYI, you might find this post of interest: (URL) Though I get the impression that "Wehrmachtsgrau" doesn't necessarily imply "Nazi" but military or army gray, instead. At least Babel Fish says it means "Armed forces-grey". Mark (20 years ago, 6-May-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Color Change - color names

(...) It was intended in a sarcastic vein, which I appear to have failed to adequately express. I fully understand the logic behind calling it "Nazi grey" (I actually prefer "gun-metal grey"), on the basis that it's reported to be very close to the (...) (20 years ago, 6-May-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Darned color issue won't leave my small mind alone...

-Snip!- (...) I wonder what the Crayola company would have said about this. I think that the proper terms are definitely not the same as the old, but as you have said have new names. It's as though we are being "Enron-ed" by LEGO into accepting that (...) (20 years ago, 9-May-04, to lugnet.lego, FTX)

  Re: Darned color issue won't leave my small mind alone...

(...) "Look: new colors!" They do it all the time, especially on the 64-crayon box (I can't remember exactly how often they do it, but the box always has some sort of graphic designed to catch your attention when they rotate new colors in). Of (...) (20 years ago, 9-May-04, to lugnet.lego, FTX)

  Color Change - color names - a more serious note

(...) I have been having a bit of trouble with the Bricklink convention, that is the use of "bluish grey" (less with "reddish brown" however). It seems to me like a better solution would be to call them *cold* greys--which they really do seem to me (...) (20 years ago, 9-May-04, to lugnet.lego)