 LEGO Company / 1427
Re: Color Change - color names
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Thu, 6 May 2004 04:47:13 GMT

In lugnet.lego, David Laswell wrote:
   In lugnet.lego, David Gregory wrote:
   Awesome naming method! I had just gotten used to calling old/classic Grays & Browns “True Gray” & “True Brown,” and the new grays and browns “false gray” and “false brown.” I like your nomenclature better though. I think I’ll start using it.

We could also call the new dark gray “Confederate gray” and thus equate it with the evilness of slavery.

Why stop there? Call it Nazi Death-Slaver Grey and you get the whole spectrum.

OK, now that’s just over the line. Assigning a color as “Nazi” is bad enough, but adding “Death Slaver” to it pushes it over. Don’t like the color change? Fine. But I personally take exception when someone associates a relatively minor change in LEGO materials to WWII Nazi slavery. It’s simply not appropriate when discussing a toy, especially one with a massive market share in Germany as well as the rest of Europe.

Kelly