 General / 39066
Re: Legoworld 2002 - a brief review (and a longer one) - THE WRITER EXPOSED !
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.be, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.loc.it
Date:
Wed, 23 Oct 2002 10:36:54 GMT

In lugnet.general, Klaas H. Meijaard writes:
Ben himself, after a LONG day of serious train-business   :-)

http://www.vanree.net/~kmeijaard/fotoalbum/legoworld_2002/image32.jpg

Thanks Klaas,

for posting your pictures. But are you sure, that this picture is taken at the
end of the day? I would guess it has been taken in the early morning of Sunday
before the public came in (which means I had the longest sleep of the weekend
and looked still very fresh - 4 hours till a snoring Italian guy made me leave
my bed that morning ;-)) .

On day one I had my my BR50 engine on the turntable, because I was in fear it
might had a none sufficiant operational reliability. But in fact it has been
the turntable that caused trouble after some times of spinning around, so I
have to redo it partly once again. :-(

In the morning of Sunday I put the BR50 engine on track, because someone would
like to see it run. I feared it would not make a single round (had some
trouble in a test run at home).

To my surprise it started to run and then it did round after round till the
end of the day. Same at day two: the engine ran without any break (except for
a short time while Tim took pictures of it) and had not one time a derailment.

Hope to see you in Muelheim in April 2003 - take care!

Ben