 Fun / Gaming / 911
910  |  912
Subject:
BrikWars Wild west train battle
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming, lugnet.western, lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.bloc
Date:
Sat, 6 Oct 2001 16:52:41 GMT

Hey gang,

On Thursday, October 4th, a few of us BLOC people and Larry P got together
to play a little BrikWars campaign.  Since Larry's the trainhead that he is,
we decided to do one based on trains.  Larry spent a little time to build a
1920's era 1st gen diesel engine, and we used the steam crane and Creator
spaceship built at our October 1st gathering.  Thus our little train was
built.  We had four people, so we needed 4 armies.  We decided to stage this
in the Wild West theme.

Our concept was the following.  The US military found a UFO and had captured
the alien.  They were transporting it to some unknown destination, when the
Mexican Federales, played by Larry P., apprehended the train.  They were
taking it to Mexico for the Mexican government.  However, they came to a
point where the train couldn't pass, as the space ship was too wide, so they
had to knock the train crossing building down to continue.  Thus the train
is at a halt.  Mexican Banditos controlled by Gino Melone decided that they
didn't want the Federales to have the train, so they wanted to capture it.
The US Cavalry, controlled by Bram Lambrecht, wanted to retrieve the train
and take it back to US soil, and the Native Americans, controlled by me
wanted to free the Alien (as he is an oppressed minority, just like them.)

The campaign started with the train stopped at the crossing, with the
Federales train engineer inside the steam crane (even though he's always
shown standing on top of it) attempting to knock the structure down, while
another Federale plants dynamite in the structure.  At that time, the three
other factions approach, each with their own goals.

Some interesting ways to die included:  When Larry finally got another
Federale at the controls of the train and figured out how to get it to move,
he knocked one of my Indians off the train, and she was run over by the
train.  My Indian Chief was also vaporised by one of Gino's Banditos when he
rolled 3 straight sixes for damage with a rifle shot.  The best death,
though, was for Bram's poor cavalry soldier. He had managed to enter the
crane's cabin where Larry's engineer was.  After a fierce gun battle where
they'd each miss a shot then take the gun away, Bram's soldier was jostled,
and fell into the boiler of the steam engine when the train moved.  Larry
then stuffed him the rest of the way into the boiler to get rid of him.

The campaign came to an end when the Indians finally succeeded in finding
the key to unlock the chains that held the alien.  He hopped into his ship
and escaped, but not before Larry managed to damage it with the steam
crane's boom.  Two indians escaped the battlefield, as did the alien, so I
officially won the scenario.  However, the Banditos and Federales, deciding
to work together to control the train, managed to escape with the train, so
they had a partial victory.  Bram, suffering from horrible roles, was
entirely eliminated.  Four of Gino's banditos and two of Larry's Federales
also survived.

One of these days I may do a more complete writeup on my web page, but for
now you can be satisfied with the pictures.  Larry took a batch of pictures
as well.  Hopefully he'll post them on Brickshelf too.

Adrian
--
www.brickfrenzy.com