 Gaming / 922
Re: BrikWars Wild west train battle
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming
Date:
Sat, 13 Oct 2001 15:13:42 GMT

In lugnet.fun.gaming, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.fun.gaming, Jason Spears writes:
I keep meaning to actually give the brickwars
rules a go, but haven't a chance yet.

Hewing closely to the rules sort of misses the point, I think, (grin) so
it's not that hard to get started. If you've played miniatures, tactical
strategy (star fleet battles) or RPGs before it's a snap. If you've played
the pirate game before, you're already in the rather devil may care, "oh
well, it's only some of my guys that just got dismembered", state of mind
required.

It's not so much learning the rules, as getting the time to do it.  Finding
other players, and the putting of the army together.  Actually, there was some
talk of doing this at ConFusion, so maybe we will get a chance then.

-Jason
http://www.geocities.com/spearjr/brickcentral.html