 Fun / Gaming / 77
Re: New Game (Long)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming
Date:
Fri, 14 Apr 2000 11:33:12 GMT

In lugnet.fun.gaming, Mike Rayhawk writes:
<snipped>
Well don't just yank our chains here, tell us more about it!

- Mike Rayhawk

   Check out the Official BrikWars Home Page at
  http://www.teleport.com/~rayhawks/brikwars.htm

It ain't no joke! Here's some more info for everyone:

Construction- Instead of building vehicles according to the games construction
rules as in Lego Wars, the construction rules are written to accept any and
all ready made vehicles into the game. I made up the stats for the Mega Bloks
tank the other day. The whole process took maybe three minutes.

Actions- each infantryman receives one action that can be used to open doors,
move, fire a weapon, etc. Vehicles (at the moment) receive two actions.

Ranges (all in CM)- Weapons are really long ranged. Infantry have ended up
fighting each other at all range bands, but vehicles rarely go above short
range. (hell, one missile type has an extreme range of 53 feet!)

Record Sheets- The only thing I've needed to look up are ranges and firing
mods. Every unit in the game has only a few stats, and so record sheets aren't
needed if you can remember 3 or 4 numbers.

Dice- This is what some probably won't like. The game only uses D6's, but
absurd amounts of them. An attack is made by rolling anywhere from 1 or 2, to
upwards of 15 dice.

*************
Example Turn
*************

John moves his infantryman its full 30 cm movement.
Bill sees the infantry and decides to have his remaining soldier fire at it.

Range to Target- 50 cm (short range for the Gyro Rifle Bills guy has)
Mods- short range (+1), no one is in cover, in a vehicle, etc. (+0)
Dice- 4 (rifle) + 1 (trooper skill) + 1 (short range) = 6 dice to roll for
attack.
Kill #- regular infantry have a Kill Rating of 18.
Roll- the total of the dice is 24. The enemy units Kill Rating has been
equaled or exceeded. Enemy is killed.

I hope that's enough detail. I'm not sure I even need to write the rulebook
now :)
All comments are welcome and appreciated. Let's hear some feedback!

Justin Chislett