 Gaming / 73
Re: New Game
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming
Date:
Fri, 14 Apr 2000 06:08:08 GMT

In lugnet.fun.gaming, Richard Franks writes:
Exactly! There will be many predecessors to 'Brik Wars', but that makes no
difference - each system is judged on it's own merits - and having a
non-anoraky alternative (low dice, no lookup) is especially welcome when all

??

I've never heard of 'non-anoraky' before, but it sounds like a useful
adjective.  Where did it come from?

Btw, who called it 'Brik' rather than 'Brick'? At least it wasn't called
'Brik Warz', that would be a bit too passé :)

That was my fault, sorry about that.  It was meant as a nod to Lego Wars,
which had units like the "Medik" and "Mechanik."  Waaaaay back last
millennium, roundabout the end of 1995 or so, they were talking about doing a
sequel to Lego Wars II, except that Lego's legal department had sent a nasty
letter about the unauthorized use of the word 'Lego' so they had to think of a
new name.  They were talking about 'PBB Wars' for awhile, although that wasn't
very catchy, although I distinctly remember one of the authors suggesting
'Butthead Toy Company Wars' at one point.  Eventually, they just decided to
abandon the project, so I (like a half-dozen other guys around that same
time), being a young punk and having no sense of propriety, decided to take
the project on myself without any approval from anyone with any sense.  I came
up with the name 'BrikWars' off the top of my head as a working title, and the
name stuck; the end.

- Mike Rayhawk.

    Check out the Official BrikWars Home Page at
   http://www.teleport.com/~rayhawks/brikwars.htm