 Gaming / 69
Re: New Game
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming
Date:
Fri, 14 Apr 2000 03:33:29 GMT

In lugnet.fun.gaming, Drew Lawrence writes:
In lugnet.fun.gaming, Justin Chislett writes:
Anyway, I've been working on a new Lego wargame for the past while. As of
right now, the system is extremely fast, has next to no book keeping, and a
construction system that can handle ANY plastic brick model out there.

I don't mean to ruin your hopes -- but it has been done. The game is
entitled "Brik Wars." There is an event in Columbus, Ohio, on the 15th of
April at the Hilliard Library.

Ruin his hopes?  I don't think that he had any misconceptions about the fact
that there are other Lego wargames out there.  Perhaps he has seen them and has
been disappointed by them all.  It may be that one system is too complex or
another is designed only for Space or Pirate when what he wants is a system
that can handle models from any theme.  Maybe he thought one system used
too many different types of dice, or the rules just weren't "Lego"
enough.  Perhaps he simply thought that the system was poorly balanced, or
maybe he just got a great idea for a game system and wants to share it with
everyone.

Maybe he just doesn't like Brik Wars and he thinks he can do something better.

But, I think that I have talked enough for him, Justin can probably explain
himself.

Tony