 FAQ / 838
Re: An Acronym Guide - A to Z
Newsgroups:
lugnet.faq
Date:
Thu, 10 Feb 2000 04:29:57 GMT

    Well, now that I have all the cards on the table, I'm kind of just back
into Lego.  I mean, when the pirate theme was discontinued, Lego somehow lost
me.  They started making heads with little headsets with the space people and
that made them too specialty to me.  And somehow those glow in the dark ghosts
really turned me off.  I did continue to buy Legos for my little brother who,
when I was too cool as a teenager to play with legos, I could use him as an
excuse.  (He's ten years younger)  Now that I'm too grown up to act mature (is
that a paradox... it's so true...) I'm free to Lego.
     I credit ebay for my most return to my first love in toys.  I discovered
the stuff I really loved is still out there.  Someone's auction said to check
out Brickshelf, who pointed to Lugnet and I've spent too much money already.
Now I actually have the money to spend on what I really want, instead of
waiting for a set at Christmas, birthday, etc.  I'm afraid a few of my loved
ones don't understand...

In lugnet.faq, Shiri Dori writes:
In lugnet.faq, Dean Husby writes:
Shiri wrote:

In lugnet.faq, Mike Clemens writes: • <snip>
but if you're looking for penance, I suggest walking barefoot across a
carpet strewn with 1x1 bricks, which repeating "I'll never buy an off- • brand
again..."   :-)

LOL! A hard cement floor would be better than a carpet ;-)

-Shiri

Gasp! That would damage the bricks!

Nah... notice that you're supposed to walk barefoot... and 1x1 bricks are not
likely to be damaged from that ;-) Especially since your weight would be
devided among many, many bricks... Ouch!!!

The only thing it would damage, would be your leg...

"Oh, I *love* that brick emblem on your foot..." ;-)

-Shiri