 FAQ / 821
Re: An Acronym Guide - A to Z
Newsgroups:
lugnet.faq
Date:
Mon, 7 Feb 2000 15:15:19 GMT

In lugnet.faq, Shiri Dori writes:
OK, here goes! This is an A to Z acronym guide - not categorized. I might make
another, categorized one later.

(IIRC, AFAIK, these are all the acronyms. LMKWYT, TIA. HTH!)

Great list!  I have a couple of suhhestions/additions/emendations.

FOTW: Find Of The Week; a very good/cheap/large deal involving lego.

Also FOTD, FOTM, FOTY and for the really excitable, FOTC.

HOG: Hand Of God; when you move minifigs around, they think it's this.

ROTFLMAO!

HTH: Hope That Helps.

Often followed by HAND (Have a Nice Day).

MOC: My Own Creation.

Or 'My Original Creation'

PEWC: Prefab Explorien Wing, Cockpit

Pronounced 'puke' I take it?  To fit with BURP, POOP, CRAPP...?

POOP: Piece [that can be made] Of Other Pieces.

Some will say 'can' ought to be 'should'...

RR: Rock Raiders.

Careful, the .trains people probably use this for 'railroad'.

I think you left out 'ROTFL', 'ROTFLOL' and 'ROTFLMAO'...

Rolling On The Floor Laughing...
...Out Loud
...My Hinder Off

(Yeah, I know 'hinder' doesn't begin with an 'A' - this is a family NG!)

SPUD: Special/Single Purpose Ugly/Useless Design.

Also 'Single Piece UnLEGOish Decoration'.

HTH. HAND.