 FAQ / 820
Subject:
An Acronym Guide - A to Z
Newsgroups:
lugnet.faq
Date:
Mon, 7 Feb 2000 04:14:07 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

OK, here goes! This is an A to Z acronym guide - not categorized. I might make
another, categorized one later.

(IIRC, AFAIK, these are all the acronyms. LMKWYT, TIA. HTH!)
(If you didn't understand that, this is for you!)

A1RB: Alpha-1 Rocket Base, 483.
AFAIK: As Far As I Know.
AFOL: Adult Fan Of LEGO.
B1CB: Beta-1 Command Base, 6970
BFC: Big Freaking Castle; refers to 6090.
BK: Black Knights.
BSB: Black Seas Barracuda, 6285.
BT: Blacktron; the evil ones with the black visors. Also BT1.
BT2: Blacktron, Future Generation. The antifreeze-green ones.
BURP: Big Ugly Rock Piece; either of the large gray/dark-gray mountain pieces.
CES: Crystal Explorer Sub, 6175.
CRAPP: Crummy Ramp And Pit Plate; the baseplate with a ramp and pit.
CW: Castle World. A fan-created world with creations, characters and stories
about Lego castle.
DFD: Deep Freeze Defender, 6973.
DDD: Dark Dragon's Den, 6076.
DM: Dragon Masters.
FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions.
FBF: Fire Breathing Fortress, 6082.
FM: Forestmen.
FOTW: Find Of The Week; a very good/cheap/large deal involving lego.
FS: For Sale
FT: For Trade
HOG: Hand Of God; when you move minifigs around, they think it's this.
HTH: Hope That Helps.
IGCB: Inter-Galactic Command Base, 6971.
IG: Imperial Guards.
IIRC: If I Recall Correctly.
IMHO: In My Humble Opinion.
IMO: In My Opinion.
IP: Ice Planet 2002.
KABOB: Kid with A Bunch Of Bricks.
L/S: Light and Sound.
LMK: Let Me Know.
LMKWYT: Let Me Know What You Think.
LNH: Load N' Haul Railroad, 4563.
LOL: Laughing Out Loud.
LS@H: See S@H.
LSAH: See S@H.
MCM: Mega/Multi Core Magnetizer, 6989.
MIB: Mint In Box.
MISB: Mint In Sealed Box.
MOC: My Own Creation.
MT: M-Tron; also, Model Team.
NDL: Neptune Discovery Lab, 6195.
PEWC: Prefab Explorien Wing, Cockpit
POOP: Piece [that can be made] Of Other Pieces.
RBR: Red Beard Runner, 6289.
RK: Royal Knights.
RKC: Royal Knights Castle, 6090.
RR: Rock Raiders.
RTL: Rec.Toys.Lego; a Lego newsgroup.
S@H: LEGO Shop at Home, a mail order branch of LEGO. Also known as LS@H, SAH,
LSAH.
SAH: See S@H.
SES: Skull's Eye Schooner, 6286.
SOG: Sub-Orbital Guardian, 6878.
SNOT: Studs Not On Top
SP: Space Police; refers to black/blue/trans-red variety. Also SP1.
SP2: Space Police 2; refers to gray/black/red/trans-green police. STAMP:
STicker Across Multiple Pieces
SPUD: Special/Single Purpose Ugly/Useless Design.
SW: Star Wars.
TIA: Thanks In Advance.
TIMMY: Terrible Immature Minifig Master of Yucky…
TLC: The Lego Company. Known by this name since Autumn 1999, formerly TLG.
(Not to be confused with T-boz, Left-eye, and Chilli ;-)
TLG: The Lego Group.  Nowadays TLC.
TRU: Toys 'R' Us.
UT: Unitron.
WM: Wal-Mart.
WP: WolfPack.
WTB: Want To Buy.
WTT: Want To Trade.
WW: Wild West.

That's all, folks!

-Shiri
http://www.geocities.com/shiri_lego/

Re: An Acronym Guide - A to Z
OK, here goes! This is an A to Z acronym guide - not categorized. I might make
another, categorized one later.

(IIRC, AFAIK, these are all the acronyms. LMKWYT, TIA. HTH!)

Great list!  I have a couple of suhhestions/additions/emendations.

FOTW: Find Of The Week; a very good/cheap/large deal involving lego.

Also FOTD, FOTM, FOTY and for the really excitable, FOTC.

HOG: Hand Of God; when you move minifigs around, they think it's this.

ROTFLMAO!

HTH: Hope That Helps.

Often followed by HAND (Have a Nice Day).

MOC: My Own Creation.

Or 'My Original Creation'

PEWC: Prefab Explorien Wing, Cockpit

Pronounced 'puke' I take it?  To fit with BURP, POOP, CRAPP...?

POOP: Piece [that can be made] Of Other Pieces.

Some will say 'can' ought to be 'should'...

RR: Rock Raiders.

Careful, the .trains people probably use this for 'railroad'.

I think you left out 'ROTFL', 'ROTFLOL' and 'ROTFLMAO'...

Rolling On The Floor Laughing...
...Out Loud
...My Hinder Off

(Yeah, I know 'hinder' doesn't begin with an 'A' - this is a family NG!)

SPUD: Special/Single Purpose Ugly/Useless Design.

Also 'Single Piece UnLEGOish Decoration'.

HTH. HAND.

Re: An Acronym Guide - A to Z