 FAQ / 826
825  |  827
Subject:
An Acronym Guide - Catagorized
Newsgroups:
lugnet.faq
Date:
Tue, 8 Feb 2000 00:05:54 GMT

In lugnet.faq, Shiri Dori writes:
OK, here goes! This is an A to Z acronym guide - not categorized. I might make
another, categorized one later.

I've been collecting acronyms for a while as well, and was putting them into
catagories.  Below is the list I have so far.  I replaced my 'theme'
collection with Shiri's, since that one was much more complete.  And I've been
wondering exactly what a TIMMY is for the longest time!  Thanks.

LEGO Acronyms

  People
    AFOL = Adult Fans of Lego
    KABOB = Kid with A Bunch Of Bricks
    NLP = Non-Lego Parent
    NLS = Non LEGO Spouse

  Groups
    BAYLUG = Bay Area Lego Train Club
    GMLTC = Greater Midwest Lego Train Club
   (LCIH = a Lego Consumer Intensive Household)
    NELUG = North East LEGO User Group
    NGLTC = North Georgia LEGO Train Club
    PNLTC = Pacific Northwest LEGO Train Club
    RTL = Rec.Toys.Lego
    TLC = The Lego Company (use this one now; formerly TLG)
    TLG = The LEGO Group = the company that produces LEGO

  Bricks and Brick related
    BURP = Big Ugly Rock Piece
    BURPMAN = Big Ugly Rock Person Made Annoyingly Nonmobile
    CRAPP = Crummy Ramp and Pit Plate - the big raised baseplate with
the ramp on the side, or generally, any raised baseplate
    GULP = Giant Useless Lego Products (big, formed bases, weird
containers, non-LEGO stuff in a box)
    HOG = Hand Of God (what the minifigs think of when you move them
    LURP = Little Ugly Rock Piece - the smaller triangular one (also
called BURP)
    PEWC = (pronounced "puke") -- Prefab Explorian Wing Cockpit
    POOP = Piece (made) Out of Other Pieces - a piece which should have
been several pieces. [Pieces that could/should be made Out of Other Pieces]
    RDP = Revolving Door Portals
    SPUD = Special-Purpose, Useless, Decorative (Special/Single Purpose
Ugly/Useless Design)
    SNOT = Studs Not On Top
    STAMP = STicker Across Multiple Pieces
    TIMMY: Terrible Immature Minifig Master of Yucky

  Creations
    MOC = My Own Creation/My Original Creation
    MOTM = Model of the Month

  CAD and Rendering
    MPD = Multi Part DAT?

  Lugnet
    CLSOTW = Cool LEGO Site of the Week (also CLSotW)
    FOTW = Find Of The Week; a very good/cheap/large deal involving lego
    TOS = Terms of Service?
    TOU = Terms of Use

  Store Acronyms
    DYA = DYA Shopping - in France? (http://www.dya-
shopping.com/uk/boutique/home2offre.html)
    LS@H = Lego Shop-at-home (http://www.lugnet.com/lsahs/)
    S@H = (Lego) Shop-at-home (http://www.lugnet.com/lsahs/)
    TRU = Toys R Us (http://www.toysrus.com)
    WM  = Wal-Mart (http://www.walmart.com/)

  Buying/Selling/Auction Acronyms
    BOGO = Buy One Get One (eg: buy one, get one 50% off)
    FOTW = Find Of The Week; a very good/cheap/large deal involving
lego (FOTD, FOTM, FOTY: similar)
    FS  = For Sale
    FT  = For Trade
    JABA = Just Another Brick Auction
    MIB = Mint in box
    MIMB = Mint in mint box
    MISB = Mint in sealed box
    NIB = New in box - pieces still in bags (box has been opened)
    NISB = New in sealed box, (box is not in mint condition)
    WTB = Want To Buy
    WTT = Want To Trade

  General Acronyms
    AFAIK = As Far As I Know.
    C2F or CTF = Claim to Fame
    CMIIAW = Correct Me If I Am Wrong
    DARFC = Ducking And Running For Cover
    FAQ = Frequently Asked Questions.
    HTH = Hope That Helps.
    IANAL = I Am Not A Lawyer
    IIRC = If I Recall Correctly
    IMO = In My Opinion
    IMHO = In My Humble Opinion
    IMNSHO = In My Not So Humble Opinion
    LMK = Let Me Know
    LMKWYT = Let Me Know What You Think
    LOL = Laughing Out Loud
    LMK = Let Me Know
    ROTFL = Rolling on the floor laughing
    TIA = Thanks In Advance

  Theme Abbreviations:
BK: Black Knights.
BT: Blacktron; the evil ones with the black visors. Also BT1.
BT2: Blacktron, Future Generation. The antifreeze-green ones.
CW: Castle World. A fan-created world with creations, characters and
stories about Lego castle.
DM: Dragon Masters.
FM: Forestmen.
IG: Imperial Guards.
IP: Ice Planet 2002.
L/S: Light and Sound.
MT: M-Tron; also, Model Team.
RK: Royal Knights.
RR: Rock Raiders.
SP: Space Police; refers to black/blue/trans-red variety. Also SP1.
SP2: Space Police 2; refers to gray/black/red/trans-green police.
SW: Star Wars.
UT: Unitron.
WW: Wild West.

  Other