 FAQ / 835
Re: An Acronym Guide - A to Z
Newsgroups:
lugnet.faq
Date:
Wed, 9 Feb 2000 21:38:00 GMT

In lugnet.faq, Mike Clemens writes:
In lugnet.faq, Markus Wolf writes:
[...]
  I think I'm finally ready to join the LUGnet community.  But I have a
confession to make.  Once, when I was young and immature, I actually bought
some Megablocks for the purple bricks.  I never did it again and I've given
them away since.  Can I still be accepted into your hearty band of Legoteers,
or is it too late?

Of course you're still Welcome! My cousin (on the other side of the US from
me) has Mega-blocks and upon visiting her on winter break I experimented with
these. Definitely not worth it ;-)

But anyhow, welcome! What themes do you like?
(Glad you benefited from my FAQ, BTW!)

Welcome Markus!  I think we all have "youthful indiscretions" that we're • ashamed
of,

Oh Yeah!
Here's my confession: In fourth grade, I used Octan emblems everywhere in my
town, and my octan company owned a hotel, a restaurant, and a Stable/Horse
rink... When I emerged from my (relatively short) Dark ages, I happened to
stumble across a set review dementing Octan, and realized my hateful
mistakes ;-) Now I'm into Castle so I'm trading the Octan figs away, but some
part of me is gone forever...
(just kidding - nothing wrong with Octan, really... ;-)

but if you're looking for penance, I suggest walking barefoot across a
carpet strewn with 1x1 bricks, which repeating "I'll never buy an off-brand
again..."   :-)

LOL! A hard cement floor would be better than a carpet ;-)

-Shiri