 Events / BrickWorld / 242
Re: Re Rafe Donahue's GBC binary counter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.events.brickworld
Date:
Sat, 7 Jul 2007 16:56:48 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Brian Davis wrote:
In lugnet.robotics, Rafe Donahue wrote:
Gus' NXT-driven fork-lift was a joy to watch.

*That* I'm really sorry I missed. Gus, Dave, and the rest of the SMART group
were my inspiration for my forklift GBC module... so much that after a lot of
correspondance with him, I ended up naming my (RCX-based) forklift "Gus". With
all the recent stuff, I've not had the time to pull it out and improve it much,
but the NXT forklift sounds wonderful. Any video out there on this yet?

I'm sorry I missed seeing you too in Chicago.  What I brought is more of a truck
with a crate loading mechanism in the front, like a garbage truck with a
dumpster lifter in front.  In the back a cargo bed with a side dumping
mechanism.

I have not found any great video of my truck or wave crate loader though I know
there were a lot of folks shooting video of it.

Only GBC video I have found is from Zac Donahue, uploaded by Joe Meno:
  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6X9tZsIKDf8
You can see my truck towards the end of the video.

Zac, thank you for taking this video and getting it on the net.  If anyone else
has more GBC video, please make it available.  Thank you in advance.

If you want to see the CrateDump truck in action, checkout the video that David
Schilling shot in Portland.  Again, the truck is mostly towards the end of the
video.
  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGmOAYqKSaU

Gus