 Robotics / 27175
    Re Rafe Donahue's GBC binary counter —Jordan Bradford
   I saw this and was reminded of Rafe's binary counter: (URL) a marble-powered binary adder. Rafe's counter could do this with a tiny bit of modification. He'd just have to add a tray at the top and bottom to temporarily store the input and output for (...) (17 years ago, 25-Jun-07, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

        Re: Re Rafe Donahue's GBC binary counter —Rafe Donahue
   (...) Hi Jordan, You are right; Rafe's counter actually does this already. The only mod would be the storage trays you mentioned. In fact, during down times at Brickworld, I often mention that the machine is really an adding maching and all we are (...) (17 years ago, 25-Jun-07, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Re Rafe Donahue's GBC binary counter —Brian Davis
   (...) I'll use this as a location to ask (for those of us who *couldn't* make it... this time...) how did the GBC in particular go? What were some of the new or innovative modules, and does anybody have GBC-specific pictures up as yet? (17 years ago, 4-Jul-07, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Re Rafe Donahue's GBC binary counter —Rafe Donahue
   (...) Brian, Greg D spent a great deal of time manning the loop and did, as usual, a wonderful job. Steve H redid the train thing so that it went back-and-forth, instead of round-and-round. Personally, I think this turned out to be a much better (...) (17 years ago, 4-Jul-07, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Re Rafe Donahue's GBC binary counter —Jordan Bradford
     The drawbridge is John Brost's. (17 years ago, 4-Jul-07, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Re Rafe Donahue's GBC binary counter —Brian Davis
   (...) That I can believe - he's amazingly good at that. I just hope my modules didn't give him any trouble. (...) It works very well that way for closing loops - both Steve and I can switch the trains from "circulating" to "ping-pong" mode at will, (...) (17 years ago, 5-Jul-07, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.events.brickworld)

        Re: Re Rafe Donahue's GBC binary counter —Joe Meno
     In lugnet.robotics, Brian Davis wrote: . (...) Go (URL) here.> (...) Yeah, but we still missed you:-) Joe (17 years ago, 5-Jul-07, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.events.brickworld, FTX)

        Re: Re Rafe Donahue's GBC binary counter —Rafe Donahue
     (...) There is some video that Joe posted. There are some pictures too. The explanation goes something like this: Upon entry into the module, the ball is lifted with a standard link lifter and is dropped onto a narrow chute that directs the ball (...) (17 years ago, 6-Jul-07, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.events.brickworld)

        Re: Re Rafe Donahue's GBC binary counter —Gus Jansson
     (...) I'm sorry I missed seeing you too in Chicago. What I brought is more of a truck with a crate loading mechanism in the front, like a garbage truck with a dumpster lifter in front. In the back a cargo bed with a side dumping mechanism. I have (...) (17 years ago, 7-Jul-07, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.events.brickworld)

        Re: Re Rafe Donahue's GBC binary counter —Gus Jansson
   There are a couple of YouTube videos of the GBC and my truck in particular that have not yet been mentioned. Here is a very nice GBC video uploaded by Joe Meno: (URL) is one that shows my truck in action picking up and loading the balls from the (...) (17 years ago, 31-Jul-07, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.events.brickworld)